EAP245 WiFi Download Slow

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-26 23:32:44
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.1

I installed an EAP245 in my parents home to replace an Araknis N300 AP. We have CenturyLink gigabit service and on a wired connection I get a stronger upload, but still around 600down/800up. I have read other forum posts and have tried adjusting the channel width, transmission power, and other settings to remedy this but they don't work. I barely get 200 down and I get about 500 up from the access point. What could be causing this speed loss? These are speeds taken when standing right under the AP. I have used inSSIDer and am on the optimal channels and there is not much intereferece. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP245 WiFi Download Slow
2021-03-01 12:14:16

@602flyer 

Hey

Can you provide some more information on what device you are connecting with?  Ideally any screenshots of insider or more details on what you are seeing, device and WiFi card you are using etc.

The Channel Width (80mhz) is likely the best setting for this when combined with a 5Ghz connection and a clean airspace.    

We would need more information from you to be able to make any recommendations on your setup

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 462

Replies: 1

Related Articles