DHCP labels can not be changed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DHCP labels can not be changed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:DHCP labels can not be changed
2021-03-05 10:49:35

AX73 - similarly...

Options
2021-03-05 10:58:28 - last edited 2021-03-05 10:58:50

All of this looks like an issue for the whole TP-Link AX* family devices.

Options
2021-03-05 13:53:50 - last edited 2021-03-05 13:58:48

@kononenkoni @STN 

In AX20 for example I have 3 devices that are showing the device name as ' * ' and ' -- '.

All 3 of them are offline at the moment, ' * ' is a Sharp Smart TV, one of the other 2 is an Espresiff module and the 3-rd one has never been on my LAN so far (just made a reservation for future use).

It might be as well a symbol (special character) in the hostname that can't be displayed. I am not on-site now to test that, but scanning an online devices with a scanner like Angry IP scanner or WakeMeOnLan by Nirsoft  (https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wake_on_lan.html) should provide the hostname (wherever possible) of these devices to see if that's the case.

Other feature that I am using on AX20 is the following:

Using this, allows you to change the device information (to be more familiar) , which I believe is extracted from the devices' hostname.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-03-05 14:08:47
Yes, however, this information is not remembered. I have given all devices names and icons in both the Network Map window and the Tether app. But in the web interface, I constantly see empty lines and missing icons.
Options
2021-03-05 14:23:26

@STN 

Can you scan your LAN with either of the tools I mentioned to see if the hostname will be retrieved correctly from the problematic devices ?

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:DHCP labels can not be changed-Solution
2021-03-05 15:22:56 - last edited 2021-03-05 15:23:30

Hi Guys,

I have found a workaround. We can set correct labels in the "Network Map":

and they will be good looking in DHCP reservations place, so you no need to rename it there:

But you still can not manage labels from DHCP reservation place that have to be fixed by Support.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-03-05 17:12:48

@Ivaylo 

It's not that hostnames are misunderstood. The fact is that the router forgets them when the devices go offline. And in the DHCP settings it puts dashes instead of host names.

Even if I manually set the hostname in the Network Map, when that host is offline, there will be dashes in the web interface instead of the his name. And not only in DHCP settings, but also in Access Control

Options
Related Articles