IoT devices keep disconnecting from IoT wireless network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

IoT devices keep disconnecting from IoT wireless network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
16 Reply
Re:IoT devices keep disconnecting from IoT wireless network
2021-03-08 03:17:34

@peterrakolcza I have experienced the same problem (Homekit reports No Response, but the IoT device is still connected to the network.)

I have three EAP225's and both the 2.4 and 5GHz bands are on the same SSID and VLAN.  

About a week ago, it disabled WMM on each of the 2.4GHz radios in the EAPs.  

Since then the No Response reports from Homekit have disappeared.  I wish I could say why that happened.  

Thanks,

Options
2021-03-08 17:00:41 - last edited 2021-03-08 17:18:03

shberge wrote

Have any of you checked if Airtime Fairness is on? is it on so deactivate this feature. it creates a lot of problems with IoT devices.

It can be disabled on Site, Beacon Control.

I had the same problem with my IoT devices but the problem disappeared when I turned off this feature.

@shberge Airtime fairness has always been off for me.

bd1859 wrote

@peterrakolcza I have experienced the same problem (Homekit reports No Response, but the IoT device is still connected to the network.)

I have three EAP225's and both the 2.4 and 5GHz bands are on the same SSID and VLAN.  

About a week ago, it disabled WMM on each of the 2.4GHz radios in the EAPs.  

Since then the No Response reports from Homekit have disappeared.  I wish I could say why that happened.  

Thanks,

@bd1859 I will give this a shot today.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Options
2021-03-08 21:09:34
Airtime fairness has always been off here too.
Options
2021-03-14 03:01:48

Disabling WMM didn't fix my issues. 

Options
2021-03-15 13:19:43

@BubbaW Sorry to hear that. It's probably some sort of odd coincidence that it worked for me.  I do still get the odd No Respnse, and the "Updating" delay is quite often too long when I open the Home app. So I think something is still not right.

Options
2021-03-22 13:48:16 - last edited 2021-03-22 13:49:04

@peterrakolcza I'll take that back... turning off WMM does appear to help my Wyze cameras, but it also negatively impacts all other devices on 2.4ghz.  For instance, if my phone is on 2.4ghz because I'm in the yard, the throughput drops to 1.5Mb/s.  Even if I'm right by the AP on 2.4 it's that bad.  

Options