Stats don't make sense

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Stats don't make sense

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Stats don't make sense
Stats don't make sense
2021-03-09 15:47:07
Model: SG2008P  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20200608 Rel.76470

Hi,

I'm seeing some pretty high number for a device that definitely doesn't generate this amount of data.

This is what I see in Omada:

If you compare it to my Prometheus data, it doesn't seem to make any sense:

The device is a Raspberry PI and hooked up directly to the switch. There is no reason I can think of why it would generate this amount of data (and I'm also not seeing any evidence in Prometheus for this). 

Any idea?

Kind regards

Wesley

Options
15 Reply
Re:Stats don't make sense
2021-03-10 03:21:18

Dear @WesleyB,

The device is a Raspberry PI and hooked up directly to the switch. There is no reason I can think of why it would generate this amount of data (and I'm also not seeing any evidence in Prometheus for this). 

Are you using Omada Software Controller or OC200? May I know the version of your Omada Controller?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-03-10 07:54:32

@Fae I'm running the software controller version 4.2.11.

Options
2021-03-10 19:21:29

Hi,

I'm also seeing those high numbers for multiple devices that definetly don't generate this much data.  

I'm using a TL-R605 in combination with EAP245v3 with the latetst versions
I'm using the OC200 with Firmware version:

1.7.4 Build 20210118 Rel.72627

Options
2021-03-13 21:03:20

I also see this, I have a NAS that is showing as 165TB of data transferred which is impossible given the NAS is on a 1 gig link and the switch has not passed this much total

The more i upgrade the Omada controller (software version) the more bugs i seem to find.

On my first revistion of the Omada SDN I had client devices disconnecting (but only according to the software, they never actually lost a ping), but now my switch is forever in heartbeat missing mode and i see no hard wired clients at all - and I've rebooted the controller and the switch.

I shouldn't have to do either.

I feel your pain.

Options
2021-03-15 07:24:45

@Rod-IT 

I have a case with support maybe you should contact them to about heartbeat missing problem, I have the same but as unseal they cant recreate this. my problem is not constant but about 10-12 day after restart of switches.

Send a mail to support.smb@tp-link.com and maybe they can se the connection. or the similarities

/shberge

Options
2021-03-17 02:42:05

Dear @Rod-IT,

On my first revistion of the Omada SDN I had client devices disconnecting (but only according to the software, they never actually lost a ping), but now my switch is forever in heartbeat missing mode and i see no hard wired clients at all - and I've rebooted the controller and the switch.

Sorry for any trouble caused. For the heartbeat missing issue, are you willing to try further troubleshooting with the TP-Link support team?

If you don't mind, I'd like to escalate your case to the support team who will reach you later via your registered email address.

Please pay attention to your email box and reply back for further assistance. Thank you for your great cooperation!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-03-21 20:03:04

@shberge  @Fae 

Both,

Please note that support have contacted me directly, I am happy to help troubleshoot any issues i can, from the switch, APs or the software.

I will confirm this with them on their email and make it known here that I would have to schedule in any reboots or configuration changes that would cause disruption as this is my live network and i work from home - long hours too and as of late, mostly 7 days a week.

I will also note that I currently use the debian re-package by R1D2 and not the official TP-Link package - I will consider switching if it solves my issues, but since it's a repackage I don't see this being a major factor.

If i remember to post back the findings or any solutions i will, but please feel free to ask how things are to remind me of the topic - just once every few weeks or so though please as my replies may be limited due to work commitments

Options
2021-04-02 10:29:15

@Fae Any updates?

Options
2021-04-06 12:11:29

Hi All,

For the abnormal high statistical value issue, the R&D team found it's caused by data overflow of Tx/Rx packets reported by the Switch.

It is planned to be fixed in the subsequent version updates (probably on V4.3 at the end of April).

Options
2021-04-09 05:19:36

@Fae So it's not actually transmitting that amount of data right?  I got really worried that the Omada stuff was causing something to happen....and removed it and went back to stand alone.  I would like to go back to Omada SDN.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2154

Replies: 15