Switch config with Omada SDN Controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-11 17:41:18
Model: SG2008P  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20200608 Rel.76470

I am on Controller v4.2.11

Pulling my hair out here!  I have a TL-SG2008P 8 port switch.  I have it currently configured in stand alone mode, and it is working as I want it to.  Trying to do it with the Controller is un-intuitive at best, and I can't get it to work.

Basically, I want port 8 to be a trunk link back to a Cisco 4506E with VLANs 254, 25, 100,101, 113, 121, and possibly a few others.  The management VLAN is 254, so on the Cisco, I have the native VLAN for that trunk port (Gig4/38) set to 254, as a trunk port with those VLANs allowed on the trunk.  IP address of the switch is 10.0.254.75/24.

I want port 2 to have tagged VLANs of 25, 100, 101, 113, and 254.  It's a Omada EAP245 AP with SSID to VLAN tags.

I want port 1 to be an access port on VLAN 121.

Every time I try to do this, it doesn't work, and I end up losing connection to the switch and have to start over.

In stand alone mode I have to set the PVID of any access ports to whatever VLAN I want (IE: port 1 PVID is 121).  Can't find where to do this on the Controller.

Any help would be appreciated!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Switch config with Omada SDN Controller
2021-03-12 17:48:25

@muzicman0 

Is the management VLAN on the Cisco swtich the same as assigned in the controller?  If so, I found that that leaving it as an native (untagged) VLAN on the trunk confuses the controller as to what port on the TL_SG2008P is the 'uplink' port and hoses the entire thing.  More on my setup/issue here.

Options
Re:Switch config with Omada SDN Controller
2021-03-12 20:53:16

TEDC wrote

@muzicman0 

Is the management VLAN on the Cisco swtich the same as assigned in the controller?  If so, I found that that leaving it as an native (untagged) VLAN on the trunk confuses the controller as to what port on the TL_SG2008P is the 'uplink' port and hoses the entire thing.  More on my setup/issue here.

@TEDC 

Yes, VLAN 254 is the global management VLAN for our site.  I will see if I can set port 8 as only tagged VLANs, and remove the native vlan command from the port on the Cisco.  I actually prefer it that way anyways, but when I set it up in stand-alone mode, it seemed to need to be native.

Options