C2300 - DHCP client list not showing all clients

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-13 11:55:19 - last edited 2021-03-24 01:37:01
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.3 Build 20180810 Rel. 62903

Strange phenomena: when I go to the "basic" mode, I see 6 wired clients listed, amonst which 1 Raspberry Pi, at a certain IP address (from DHCP pool).  I want to give this Pi a fixed IP now.  I go into "Advanced", and to the "DHCP client list"... here that Pi with the specific ip address does not show up... weird.   So I also cannot give it a fixed IP.

What can be wrong?

Options
4 Reply
Re:C2300 - DHCP client list not showing all clients
2021-04-08 14:44:38 - last edited 2021-04-08 14:47:21

nobody can help ?

I get a notice that "an admin has removed" but after that "removed to WiFi Routers"... is it now REMOVED or MOVED TO ?

Options
2021-04-09 02:35:52

@Leo_B 

This just notifies you that your thread has been moved to a new sub-forum - in this case Wi-FI Routers. You have created the thread in another sub-forum.

Are you trying to make an address reservation for the Pi IP address or just to set a static IP address for Pi ?

If you have set the Pi with static IP address, then you can't see its IP address in DHCP client list, because it doesn't receive its IP address by the C2300 DHCP server (you'll still see it in Basic - Wired Clients though).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-06-19 15:34:12

@terziyski Apology for the delayed response, despite being subscribed to this thread, I did not get a notification of a new response being added.

No, the Pi does not have a fixed IP, so gets its IP from the DHCP server.   Hence why I'm surprized to not see it in the DHCP client list, where I'm expecting to see it.

If I do not see it, I cannot have the router assign it a fixed IP which is what I want to achieve.   I'm not so much into Raspberry Pi's to set it there (seems rather complicated), so hence why I was trying to assign a fixed IP in the router.  But to do that, I need to see it in the DHCP Server list.  Hope this clarified...

Options
2021-06-19 16:21:37

@Leo_B 

You can just add Pi's MAC address and assign an IP address here:

After that restart the Pi to test if it gets the designated IP address.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1203

Replies: 4

Related Articles