Export DHCP client address list
Export DHCP client address list
2024-02-09 20:36:21 - last edited 2024-02-18 01:54:06
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.1 Build 20240110 Rel.42816

Hi,

I am new user of this switch.

After I went through this: Unable to import or export DHCP client address list - Business Community

I still need to point out:

- "export"  is strongly misleading ---> big frustration    it really shall be called something like "template"

it costs new people lots of time to figure out

- there is no EXPORT possibility which is sad, only way I can think of, you can COPY+Paste but how complicated would be to really create Export button ?

- when you Backup settings of the switch you end up in .bin   which cannot be used later e.g. in another switch

Can you please consider fixing this contraintuitive thing

Thank you

Best Regards,

Filip

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Export DHCP client address list-Solution
2024-02-18 01:53:04 - last edited 2024-02-18 01:54:06

Hi @Filip009 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

We have received such feedback several times. Based on a reply from the dev team, we will optimize the title for this feature. "Export" is a very misleading term in this situation but explained in the note which says it is exporting the template.

The team will optimize this button and explain it clearly that is exporting the template before you hit the button.

About exporting the existing MAC address entries, this is not considered. I will ask this with the team and see their opinion.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-02-23 02:41:50 - last edited 2024-02-23 02:41:53

Hi all, 

Add to my last reply, that based on an email conversation with the PM, he/she can confirm it is a good idea to optimize the export function. Now, it cannot export the existing DHCP reservation table but will add it to the request pool, and is pending for further evaluation.

Yet, this does not guarantee it will pass the evaluation. As a short disclaimer, I am not able to guarantee you this feature available for sure.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
2024-02-18 01:53:04 - last edited 2024-02-18 01:54:06

Hi @Filip009 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

We have received such feedback several times. Based on a reply from the dev team, we will optimize the title for this feature. "Export" is a very misleading term in this situation but explained in the note which says it is exporting the template.

The team will optimize this button and explain it clearly that is exporting the template before you hit the button.

About exporting the existing MAC address entries, this is not considered. I will ask this with the team and see their opinion.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-02-23 02:41:50 - last edited 2024-02-23 02:41:53

Hi all, 

Add to my last reply, that based on an email conversation with the PM, he/she can confirm it is a good idea to optimize the export function. Now, it cannot export the existing DHCP reservation table but will add it to the request pool, and is pending for further evaluation.

Yet, this does not guarantee it will pass the evaluation. As a short disclaimer, I am not able to guarantee you this feature available for sure.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Export DHCP client address list
2024-02-26 08:27:24

Hi @Filip009

Exporting MAC address will be added to a beta that is estimated in March. Are you interested in this? If yes, please let me know, and will inform the team to prepare the beta and let you download it in late March.

The official fix will be ETA in V5.15.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 212

Replies: 3

Related Articles