Votes

Request Omada Cloud Feature "Voucher Ticket Stacking"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-15 04:48:50 - last edited 2021-03-25 10:50:49
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.7.1 Build 20201016 Rel.62818

Is it possible to add a feature where you can stack multiple vouchers to extend time?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Request Omada Cloud Feature "Voucher Ticket Stacking"
2021-03-19 08:22:13 - last edited 2021-03-25 10:50:49

Dear @Meow_Meow,

Is it possible to add a feature where you can stack multiple vouchers to extend time?

Could you elaborate on your feature request?

With the current Omada Controller, we can extend the valid period of the authorized client, see the picture below.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-03-20 13:02:53 - last edited 2021-03-25 10:50:49

@Fae Hello Fae,

What I meant with voucher stacking is to combine multiple vouchers to extend overall duration, currently we can only use 1 ticket, and after it expires you get disconnected, then you'll be redirected to the login page and fill up again to resume net activity, some of my clients requested if it's possible to  stack their tickets.

I told them that there's an "extend" feature, but the problem is that sometimes I'm not home or in a place where there's no internet, so I can't manually or remotely "extend" their time, also it's kinda pain in the ass to "extend" .

It would be great if there's an "add voucher or extend voucher" option in the login page where they could extend voucher duration themselves.

Options
2021-03-21 16:40:48 - last edited 2021-03-25 10:50:49

@Meow_Meow 

Wouldn't it be simpler to generate tickets for a week in that case or switch to user authentication?

If you're using this for guest authentication and you're currently using 8 hour tickets but the users frequently go over this due to working longer hours, why not make the time longer to avoid stacking.

I'm not sure stacking would be ideal here since when one voucher expires another starts, you'd still have to create more at the end of the week. Making ticket time longer would be simpler, surely.

Options
2021-03-25 14:36:42

@Rod-IT 

Hello ROD, 

I've also considered your idea. I live in the Philippines where most people don't have internet, currently I'm providing "very cheap" internet for the kids that can't afford mobile data, mobile data here is too expensive thus voucher type or coin operated Wi-Fi vending machines are popular. Whenever they have an online class they get disconnected because their time is up, their teacher, for some reason won't allow them to reconnect. Some customers that play online games also requested features like "pause" and "extend" whenever they want to, for their own convenience. I actually provide 6 hours, 1 day, 1 week and 1 month for vouchers, but they prefer 6 hours 99% of the time even with increased speed included on 1D, 1W and 1M.

What I've learned is that people here only use the internet when they really need to, aside from gaming, most of them use it for online class, research and online work, since Omada Controller doesn't have a "timer" feature where they could see how much time they have left or how much they have used, some customers suddenly gets cut off from their online class and work, and thus the inconvenience.

1D, 1W and 1M all have the same price but higher speed than 6H so for example I have 6 Hours at 5Mbps priced $0.10 cents, 1 Day at 10Mbps is just X4 of that price which is $0.40 cents, yet they still prefer 6 Hours.

I tried.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1177

Replies: 4

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.