The device is not compatible with the current controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-15 18:02:58 - last edited 2021-03-17 05:32:32
Model: EAP110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: EAP110(EU)_(V2)_1.3.0 Build 20180418

Good afternoon, I have updated my controller software to version 4 and I find that several APs have stopped responding, and the program tells me that they are not compatible with this version of the software. The APs are EAP 110 V1 / v2. If these are not compatible, they should not put in the driver updater download "Recommended Controller Software Version: Omada Controller v 2.6.x or above" I understand that if it is later, it should detect all devices. I have downloaded the latest firmware for this EAP and it is from 2018, EAP110 (EU) _ (V1) _1.3.0 Build 20180418, but it keeps telling me "Ths device is not compatible with the current controller" I have reset the EAP and adopted again, and I keep getting this error, when the Discovery Tool tells me "settings succeed".
  Can you confirm if it is compatible with the V4 version? and if not, how can I go back to a compatible version? Thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:The device is not compatible with the current controller-Solution
2021-03-16 11:03:18 - last edited 2021-03-17 05:32:32

@ClinicaMicro 

Hey

You are correct in that the V1 and V2 of the EAP110 do not support SDN Version4.   To rectify this you would need to restore your Controller back to versions 2.6 and recover the config from a backup.   Hopefully you took one before upgrading?

The update to v4 SDN is not an automatic download, namely the admin has to start this update process.    By doing this its expected you have viewed the release notes and can therefore guarantee your devices are compatible with the new version.   Its always good practice to update the EAP firmware first as part of the overall audit before progressing a SDN update.   The SDN itself will also tell you the supported devices as shown below prior to upgrade. 

You also mentioned as the v4 SDN is later it should support all devices.. again this is not always the case.   As a new version of SDN comes out it may have new enhancements, features or support that simply doesn't work on the older hardware.   WPA3 for example which requires the hardware to support it, eventually anything running WPA2 or older will be no longer mantained

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:The device is not compatible with the current controller-Solution
2021-03-16 11:03:18 - last edited 2021-03-17 05:32:32

@ClinicaMicro 

Hey

You are correct in that the V1 and V2 of the EAP110 do not support SDN Version4.   To rectify this you would need to restore your Controller back to versions 2.6 and recover the config from a backup.   Hopefully you took one before upgrading?

The update to v4 SDN is not an automatic download, namely the admin has to start this update process.    By doing this its expected you have viewed the release notes and can therefore guarantee your devices are compatible with the new version.   Its always good practice to update the EAP firmware first as part of the overall audit before progressing a SDN update.   The SDN itself will also tell you the supported devices as shown below prior to upgrade. 

You also mentioned as the v4 SDN is later it should support all devices.. again this is not always the case.   As a new version of SDN comes out it may have new enhancements, features or support that simply doesn't work on the older hardware.   WPA3 for example which requires the hardware to support it, eventually anything running WPA2 or older will be no longer mantained

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2206

Replies: 1

Related Articles