Map fuctionality gone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Map fuctionality gone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Map fuctionality gone
Map fuctionality gone
2021-03-16 03:38:28
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.7.4

Once the new latest firmware is applied the functionality of the device map has gone.  I can add my map and place all my ap's, but cant calibragte the size and do not have any toggle for coverage indication.  this was a good feature in the default firmware but I cannot find anything to see these settings again.  Very poor show.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Map fuctionality gone
2021-03-16 16:51:43

@FTPhils 

Yeah a few of us have reported the removal of Heat Maps is a bad thing.   I believe Fae did mention this may be on the agenda for a later return, I do hope so too!

Options
2021-03-18 14:52:04

Having never had it (gone before I installed my hardware), I am curious as to how well it worked ?  

Was it able to somehow predict path loss of walls and such in an indoor installation, and also predict the differences between inside and outside installations, or did it just draw somewhat meaningless standardized circles around each access point?   If one plays with antennas (higher gain aftermarket antennas), was there any way for the map prediction feature to know about the antenna change?

Options
2021-03-18 15:21:10

@rickk1000 

Hey Rick

No it was nothing as detailed as that.  Basically you could upload a map and set the scale / sizes in meters or yards.  Then once you placed the APs it gave you an rough range and signal circle, showed lines of interferance etc. 

It was likely handy for roughly working out channel selection overall, however was it a sites survey tool??  Nope..

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 557

Replies: 3

Related Articles