Disable NAT on TL-R605 (Controller Managed)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-18 06:05:33 - last edited 2021-04-16 10:25:51
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Need some help to determine if disabling NAT is possible on the R605 router that's controller managed.

some background, currently I have a full stack of omada gear, router, couple switches and multiple AP's all managed by a hardware controller.

one thing that's lacking in my stack is a true UTM firewall. Im wanting to incorporate Sophos XG back into my environment. I have 2 options, run Sophos XG behind the r605 in bridge mode, or another option is to put Sophos XG on the edge front of the R605. Personally I prefer if I can put XG on the edge and have r605 behind. Problem is the double NAT. Is there anyway I can turn off the NAT rule for all VLAN so Sophos can see the source IP's? I know this is possible on the USG, but can't seem to find any way so far on the R605.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Disable NAT on TL-R605 (Controller Managed)
2021-04-16 10:29:18 - last edited 2021-04-16 10:29:27

Dear @j0np,

j0np wrote

Need some help to determine if disabling NAT is possible on the R605 router that's controller managed.

Sorry that I'm afraid the NAT cannot be disabled on the R605 router. For your case, if your Sophos XG can work in bridge mode, I don't think putting the R605 behind the Sophos XG(bridge mode) would cause a double NAT.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2515

Replies: 1

Related Articles