EAP110 Outdoor V3(EU) keeps provisionning but never gets adopted!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-22 20:20:22 - last edited 2021-03-23 00:52:18
Model: EAP110-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.2.0

Hello everyone,

So i'm completely lost setting up this new EAP110 outdoor V3 (EU) i just acquired for some testing purposes. I tried setting it up following the manual but can't seem to be able to figure it out. When i set up the EAP in standalone mode using the web server UI, it works just fine. However when i try using the omada controller software things start to go south!

So i'm connecting the EAP to the router using a LAN connection through a PoE adapter. so my architecture is pretty basic.

The first issue i'm facing is : The device never show up in the pending list of available APs unless i'm connected to it's default SSID. So if i'm connected to my home wifi, the device doesn't show up in the list of pending devices even though it's connected to the router. how can that be explained? is that the normal behaviour ? Am i doing anything wrong?

The 2nd issue is : When i configure the EAP using the web server UI in standalone mode, everything goes smoothly and i'm able to set up a new SSID, a portal etc... HOWEVER, when i decide to configure the EAP using the controller while being connected to the EAP's SSID, i can see the device in the pending list but as soon as i try to adopt it, it goes in provisionning for like a minute and suddenly disconnects from the controller. What's interesting is, when i try to adopt the device it's SSID suddenly disappears from the available networks but doesn't appear again until i reset the device back to factory settings. I'm completely out of ideas! i'm starting to think this device is not as user friendly as i thought it would be.

Any ideas what i could do to get this thing up and running? We're really running out of time for the project we're planning to start!

Thnaks y'all!

Options
3 Reply
Re:EAP110 Outdoor V3(EU) keeps provisionning but never gets adopted!
2021-03-23 11:05:24

@JavaWizard 

Hey

Would you be able to confirm what controller you are using (Software or OC200) and what is the current SDN version / Firmware?

It does sound like a version conflict you have..

Options
2022-01-07 01:39:29

@Philbert 

I am also experiencing the same problems. I am out of ideas on what I should do. 

I have omada controller version 5.0.29 and the version of my EAP110-Outdoor (US) v3.0 firmware is 5.0.2. 

I can't seem to adopt it with my omada controller and after provisioning, the ssid immediately disappears. 

I wanna try downgrading the firmware back to its older version, however, I can't dowgrade it without connecting it to omada controller which is my main problem. 

Hope someone can help. 

Options
2022-01-07 16:51:29

@Nephilim 

Hello

This does appear to be hardware compatibility, can you check this for sure?

You have the v3 of the EAP110 Outdoors?   Is that correct?   Sadly in Ireland here i can only see a v1/2/4/5 (no v3), the reason I ask is that the SDNv5 requires the EAP110 v4 or later as shown in the screen below.

If you are running v3 hardware, you may need to use the older v3 controller.   The controller release notes will tell you what hardware is supported.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 646

Replies: 3