Recommendations for Kit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Recommendations for Kit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Recommendations for Kit
Recommendations for Kit
2021-03-23 14:44:27
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi

I recently tried to setup 2 x EAP225 v1 in mesh using the controller software on a laptop only to find the versions 1's are not supported?

My scenario is this;

1 x Draytek Router in upstairs office

1 x Ethernet from upstairs to main part of pub [currently connected to single Ubiquity WAP]

I need to now also cover the beer garden so I was thinking of swapping the Ubiquity for an EAP, putting an OC200 in the office and a second EAP in the main room of the pub right next to the window that over looks the beer garden.

It would be hard to get Ethernet to the second additional EAP but power would be doable.

Which models would I need?

Can I do it with a single indoor EAP225 v3 and and Outdoor EAP225 plus the OC200 ?

Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Recommendations for Kit
2021-03-23 17:37:51 - last edited 2021-03-23 17:41:20

@cpcnw 

Hey

Yeah sounds like you are on the correct path already.

I would go with an OC200 in the office running v4.2.11 (whatever is latest), have this cabled into a EAP225 v3  (or a EAP245 v3 if you want the extra aerial).  

You could then mesh the EAP225 v1 Outdoor wirelessly to the EAP225/245 and that should cover you, assuming the 2x are close enough range wise.  The 225 outdoor can then serve the garden with ease..  

The OC200 will allow you to create a portal login if you want to offer free WiFi for patrons, either print out a new token for each day (12 hour, multi user) or setup Facebook login and get them to hit your facebook page if you wish!

Seperate SSID for yourselves / Private use if you need.     The OC200 will also allow you to set throttling / Bandwidth controls if you feel that is appropiate on the guest WiFi (would recommend this)

Remember to turn on the setting in the OC200 for this 

Hopefully that helps?   Any questions do just update the discussion..

Philbert

Options
2021-03-27 17:43:55

@Philbert - thanks - all installed and all working. Had to do firmware update on EAP225 (UN) v1.00 to get it to mesh. Firmware updates onsite are somewhate exciting!!!

Was wondering - the SSID Member Isolation or Force Dis-association as below, is that on by default for a guest network? As I forgot to check!

The owner was well please with the mini portal login and auto redirect to his website. Plus it works fine to the furthest point of the beer garden which will be opening soon was lockup permits!

I noticed that the aerials on the EAP225 Outdoor worked better when horizontally polarised?

Options
2021-03-29 22:43:47

@cpcnw 

Hey

Glad it worked out for you!   Always good to hear some feedback :)

The 225 Outdoor is designed to be wall mounted (or on a pole) so yeah it will work better that way.   The Indoor 225 / 245 doesnt matter so much, both seems to work fine.

If you enabled the GUEST mode on an SSID it will isolate the guests yes, this is done automatically by control rules on any SSID you apply Guest mode, its just works out of the box so no tweaking.. :)

Force Dis-Assocation is a different thing, its a setting that will force non roaming capable devices to roam by forcing them to disconnect and reconnect.   This is not seamless, but only takes effect if devices dont support seameless roaming (few now a day if honest).     Once enabled in setting this will apply to all SSIDs

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 314

Replies: 3

Related Articles