EAP110-Outdoor poor coverage help?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-28 13:35:29 - last edited 2021-03-29 01:23:45
Model: EAP110-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello

I have just purchased and installed the EAP110-Outdoor to help boost the WiFi in my garden. I ran a cat-6 ethernet cable outside and fixed the access point to the wall. 

It is  plugged in to my Bt smart hub 2 router. 

The problem I am having is the connection is great when I am within 5 meters of the access point. However when I move on to my side garden where I primarily want to able to access the WiFi it drops dramatically from 36mbps down to around 6mbps.

The side garden is no more than 15 meters can any one suggest anything? Is it something within the settings I need to alter etc. The whole reason I purchased this was due to the fact it states it has a long range coverage. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks Phil. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP110-Outdoor poor coverage help?
2021-03-29 23:03:11

@Philhol 

Hey

That device is a 2.4ghz device, which sadly nowdays is very congested.  

Given the speeds you are getting at 5meters, I would start with changing the channel (ensure its not on same as the BT Hub), remembering there are only 3 non overlapping channels.    1   6   11    try those and see what one is best.    Once you get a good channel, try 20mhz width vs 40mhz width..  sometimes 20 although slower is more reliable!

If you have an android phone, something like WiFi Analyser would help you see the best channel.   If all are busy / heavy used, you may find that channel 13 is the best option, i have to use it where I live and its OK.. not great.. just OK..

Everyone has this issue with 2.4ghz

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 373

Replies: 1