Daylight Saving not working wrong time stamp in events (one hour to early)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-31 05:59:06
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.7.4

Hej,

Looking in the log (events) the time stamp for logged events are 1 hour to early i.e. not considering daylight saving. Is there a parameter to set to get this updated automatically?

Thanks /Joakim

Options
2 Reply
Re:Daylight Saving not working wrong time stamp in events (one hour to early)
2021-04-01 12:02:16 - last edited 2021-04-01 12:04:25

@joakimh 

Hey

The controller uses UST times and therefore doesn't adjust for DST zones.    This is not uncommon in networking hardware to use UST time as changing forward / back one hour could massively mess with log files and is somewhat a risk.  I know my colleague who is a pen tester always sees the clock changes at 1 hour with no logging to test whatever he wants :)

You can of course manually adjust using the +1 time zone

Another thread for this below

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/259324

Options
Re:Daylight Saving not working wrong time stamp in events (one hour to early)
2021-04-01 14:45:51

@joakimh 

Quick update..

Fae on another post mentioned this is due next update (late April), posted below

Daylight Savings Time(summertime) is not supported on the current Omada Controller V4.1.x or V4.2.x.

It will be added in the subsequent version updates (probably on V4.3 at the end of April).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 529

Replies: 2