need support oc300

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

need support oc300

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
need support oc300
need support oc300
2021-04-06 16:16:02
Model: OC300  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20210118 Rel.72640

iam using voucher authentication first problem iam facing some device the mac address changed so i need to generate new voucher .

2nd problem some client they are changing the device same thing need to generate new voucher .

3rd  for example if i disconnect the voucher and i need to reconnect there is one option extend time but the problem the extend it will be after main date of expired means 

example :

start date 1-1-2021 expired 7-1-2021 this one week voucher if i extend without  disconnect for one day no issue its will be 8-1-2021

if i disconnect the voucher then i extend time its will be 8-1-2021 i think should be the the date i start  means i disconnect on 2-1-2021 and agine   i need to extend time for one day

so should expired date on 3-1-2021 but id will be on 8-1-2021.

for first and 2nd issue iam using other controller from zyxel uag4100 they have one option logout for the device its really helpful so if  tplink add this feature it will be helpful 

Options
2 Reply
Re:need support oc300
2021-04-08 11:12:37 - last edited 2021-04-08 11:12:59

Dear @hsmo55,

hsmo55 wrote

iam using voucher authentication first problem iam facing some device the mac address changed so i need to generate new voucher .

2nd problem some client they are changing the device same thing need to generate new voucher .

Do you configure Voucher with Limited Usage Counts for multiple SSIDs

For the first problem, how do you find the problem is that the MAC address of certain devices changes?

If the devices like iOS14 use random MAC addresses, according to this article https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211227

it will use different MAC addresses over different SSIDs, but the MAC address won't be changed on the same SSID.

for first and 2nd issue iam using other controller from zyxel uag4100 they have one option logout for the device its really helpful so if  tplink add this feature it will be helpful 

If you want to disconnect the authorized client, it's supported on Omada Controller v4,

please open the Authorized Clients list under Hotspot Manager -> Authorized Clients and disconnect from the action column.

3rd  for example if i disconnect the voucher and i need to reconnect there is one option extend time but the problem the extend it will be after main date of expired means 

example :

start date 1-1-2021 expired 7-1-2021 this one week voucher if i extend without  disconnect for one day no issue its will be 8-1-2021

if i disconnect the voucher then i extend time its will be 8-1-2021 i think should be the the date i start  means i disconnect on 2-1-2021 and agine   i need to extend time for one day

I'm afraid that the option to extend time is aimed to extend the expiration time but not the start time. 

May I know your application scenarios? Why do you want to extend the start time?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:need support oc300
2021-04-08 15:05:43

Fae wrote

Dear @hsmo55,

hsmo55 wrote

Fae wrote

Dear @hsmo55,

hsmo55 wrote

Do you configure Voucher with Limited Usage Counts for multiple SSIDs? 

For the first problem, how do you find the problem is that the MAC address of certain devices changes?

If the devices like iOS14 use random MAC addresses, according to this article https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211227

it will use different MAC addresses over different SSIDs, but the MAC address won't be changed on the same SSID.

yes iam using  Limited Usage Counts only for one ssid

for MAC address changing most of the device android i will show screen shot same voucher same device but every time mac address change 

for this case iam using for this device 

• Limited Online Users.

If you want to disconnect the authorized client, it's supported on Omada Controller v4,

please open the Authorized Clients list under Hotspot Manager -> Authorized Clients and disconnect from the action column.

ok iam agree but when disconnect and need to connect should be the same device  what i was talking about if the client change the device and iam using Limited Usage Counts =1 so it will not be work 

example :

I'm afraid that the option to extend time is aimed to extend the expiration time but not the start time. 

May I know your application scenarios? Why do you want to extend the start time?

ok iam agree as i said after i disconnect it will expired but still the extend its will start on the original day 

@Fae 

Do you configure Voucher with Limited Usage Counts for multiple SSIDs

yes iam using  Limited Usage Counts only for one ssid

for MAC adress changing most of the device android i will show secreen shot same voucher same device but every time mac adrees change 

for this case iam using for this device 

• Limited Online Users.

ok iam agree but when disconnect and need to conect should be the same device  what i was talking about if the clint change the device and iam using Limited Usage Counts =1 so it will not be work 

example :

ok iam agree as i said after i disconnect it will expird biut still the exted its will start on the oreganel day 

@Fae 

Options