OC2000 Firmware Upgrade Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-10 09:01:23 - last edited 2021-04-10 09:10:13
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.7.3

I tried upgrading the firmware on my OC200 and it appears to have failed. After the firmware upgrade finished the OC200 shows as "offline" on Omada Cloud. I tried restarting it and that didn't work.

Next I tried a factory restore and that didn't work. The Cloud light only flashes for a few seconds so it acts as if it's been adopted. So, if I try to add it, it obviously doesn't work as the Cloud light is not flashing. In Omada Cloud it shows the version as 1.7.3 but I was trying to upgrade it to 1.7.4.

It's definitely online and I can see its IP address, when I try to access the IP address I get no connection.

I was going to remove it from Omada Cloud and try adding it again but wanted to check first before I did that as I am afraid it would lose my network setup without it.

Options
1 Reply
Re:OC2000 Firmware Upgrade Issue
2021-04-13 03:42:09

Dear @WGFinley

WGFinley wrote

I was going to remove it from Omada Cloud and try adding it again but wanted to check first before I did that as I am afraid it would lose my network setup without it.

"Forget" Controller from Omada Cloud will only unbind the controller from your TP-Link ID, it won't reset the controller back to factory default settings unless you hard reset the OC200 controller by pressing the reset hole for ~5 seconds.

But It's always recommended to back up the settings under Maintenance before performing a firmware upgrade.

Note: the backup option is only available by accessing the Omada controller via its IP address from the local network.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 648

Replies: 1