Anti-Tethering for EAP Hotspot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-11 12:10:00 - last edited 2021-06-04 12:59:49
Model: EAP110-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.0

Looking for a way to disable/eliminate wifi tethering (sharing of internet).

Currently here in the Philippines, re-selling of internet is now being made as a home business, however, wifi tethering makes our profit low to almost none.

See image below for your reference on how customer take advantage of tethering.

This is the only problem we encounter using tp link for this type of business and hopefully we'll have a solution to this and if there's a way to eliminate mobile tethering please share it with us.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Anti-Tethering for EAP Hotspot
2021-04-29 08:24:01 - last edited 2021-06-04 12:59:49
@fae might developer and TPlink Business solution got interested in this business case requirement. I saw several related updates for a voucher which mostly and highly use by the small business owners for prepaid Wi-Fi in the Philippines. Might TPlink can take the market to boost it solution more from nano/micro/small enterprise Wi-Fi Voucher function prepaid solution with the Omada System. Thanks in advance.
Options
Re:Anti-Tethering for EAP Hotspot
2022-01-10 14:20:29 - last edited 2022-01-10 14:33:54

@BTBuilder Up, I already deployed 16pcs of EAP225 and I encountered the same issue.

I am hoping to fix this issue on the devices that are connected to the EAP only. except on the router that is connected to the LAN of EAP.

on Mikrotik it is easy to fix the issue by adjusting the TTL

Options

Information

Helpful: 15

Views: 1547

Replies: 2

Related Articles