More powerful AP than EAP225-Outdoor?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-21 00:13:02
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi! Do you you if TP Link has plan to build more powerful AC than EAP225-Outdoor? I mean it works, especially in plain air or empty halls and spaces but it can't traverse walls and other obstacles and won't work in crowded environments. I'm looking for more powerful hardware compatible with Omada for street, community or small areas internet. I know I can also add more EAPs with Mesh but since it won't work in a small distance well with obstacles I'm really looking for alternatives. Any idea? Thanks!

Options
4 Reply
Re:More powerful AP than EAP225-Outdoor?
2021-04-22 08:53:45

Dear @JeanGerard,

JeanGerard wrote

Hi! Do you you if TP Link has plan to build more powerful AC than EAP225-Outdoor? I mean it works, especially in plain air or empty halls and spaces but it can't traverse walls and other obstacles and won't work in crowded environments. I'm looking for more powerful hardware compatible with Omada for street, community or small areas internet.

Obstacles like walls are the fatal weakness of WiFi. No matter how powerful it is, I don't think WiFi can traverse walls and other obstacles.

The better practice is always that using the wired Ethernet connection if circumstances allow.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-04-22 13:02:25 - last edited 2021-04-23 04:13:18

@Fae  thanks for your response. But mobile networks can go through walls, right?

And I've seen some routers working on buildings with big walls with no issue. I just want that power with omada instead. 😌

Options
2021-04-23 04:09:02

Dear @JeanGerard,

JeanGerard wrote

Bit mobile networks can go through walls, right?

Do you mean the mobile networks that use 3G/4G/5G cellular data on mobile phones to connect to the Internet?

In my view, WiFi adopts IEEE 802.11 standards, while mobile networks use cellular technology. They are different things.

And I've seen some routers working on buildings with big walls with no issue. I just want that power with omada instead. 😌

With technology developing, there might be some routers/APs that behave much better at traversing walls/obstacles. Let's wait and see.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-04-23 04:13:01 - last edited 2021-04-23 04:13:55

@Fae hi, yes that's what I meant. I know they are different but don't know exactly why. Thanks for the info. I really hope they will develop more powerful APs like Ubiquiti's in the near future. I don't mind a little bump in price for good quality and good design.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 583

Replies: 4

Related Articles