Clients Cannot Connect to SSID with MAC FIlter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-21 09:21:22 - last edited 2021-04-23 02:39:37
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.1

I have an issue that after upgrade to software controller 4.2.11 my clients cannot connect to an SSID that uses a MAC group to control access.

I am using a combination of EAPs 225, 245 & 660.

Thanks for any suggestions.

SB

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Clients Cannot Connect to SSID with MAC FIlter-Solution
2021-04-22 15:48:49 - last edited 2021-04-23 02:39:37

@Fae 

Good afternoon,

Many thanks for your reply.

I have been able to resolve this issue by creating a new MAC List from scratch and copying & pasting the previous entries.

My best guess is that there was an issues restoring the settings from a backup file.

Regards,

SB

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Clients Cannot Connect to SSID with MAC FIlter
2021-04-22 07:19:29 - last edited 2021-04-22 07:21:28

Dear @SB06,

SB06 wrote

I have an issue that after upgrade to software controller 4.2.11 my clients cannot connect to an SSID that uses a MAC group to control access.

Did you configure the MAC Filter with Whitelist to allow the connection of the clients in the specified MAC Address List?

You may disable MAC Filter to ensure that the SSID itself works properly first. With MAC Filter configured, please ensure your clients are not using random MAC address for connection, and verify the MAC addresses match your clients.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Clients Cannot Connect to SSID with MAC FIlter-Solution
2021-04-22 15:48:49 - last edited 2021-04-23 02:39:37

@Fae 

Good afternoon,

Many thanks for your reply.

I have been able to resolve this issue by creating a new MAC List from scratch and copying & pasting the previous entries.

My best guess is that there was an issues restoring the settings from a backup file.

Regards,

SB

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Clients Cannot Connect to SSID with MAC FIlter
2021-04-23 02:39:31

Dear @SB06,

SB06 wrote

Thank you for sharing your solution. Your guess makes sense in my opinion.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 499

Replies: 3

Related Articles