Simplest question for home Ethernet + Deco 9 mesh wifi.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-24 21:58:13 - last edited 2021-04-24 21:59:23
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a TP-Link Deco 9 mesh system operating with 6 pucks. 60-70 devices are connected, including cameras, Alexa devices, TVs, etc. along with five or six Ethernet only devices (laptops and desktops.) I would like to separate the Ethernet-only devices from wifi, because I have gigabit internet service from Xfinity, but the Deco 9 main puck will only pass through 290mbps to the Ethernet port which goes to a gigabit switch for the wired devices. I get 900+mbps from the Arris S33 cable modem on both ports. I would like to move the laptops and desktops to a wired-only router to get them off the Deco 9s, reducing devices on that network, while getting the full benefit of gigabit speed from Xfinity for my wired devices. Would the TP-Link TL-R605 work for this? I already pay for the extra IP from Xfinity for the second port on the modem, and both modem ports are gigabit. Would the setup for this be fairly simple? Plug-and-play? I am fairly tech savvy, but I don't want to get into any complicated router settings with the TL-R605 to make this work. Thanks for the help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Simplest question for home Ethernet + Deco 9 mesh wifi.
2021-04-25 03:41:38

Dear @Mikestjames,

Mikestjames wrote

I get 900+mbps from the Arris S33 cable modem on both ports. I would like to move the laptops and desktops to a wired-only router to get them off the Deco 9s, reducing devices on that network, while getting the full benefit of gigabit speed from Xfinity for my wired devices. Would the TP-Link TL-R605 work for this? I already pay for the extra IP from Xfinity for the second port on the modem, and both modem ports are gigabit. 

The NAT throughput of the R605 is ~940Mbps, so it can handle your 900+Mbps bandwidth.

For Internet setup with a cable modem, it could be plug-and-play, if not, the configuration is simple as well.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 341

Replies: 1