VPN IPsec with 2Links Failover

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-27 02:34:41
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

How to conf TL-R605 to have Failover using IPsec VPN?

The idea is to have high availability on the TL-R605.
We have 2 internet providers on the router and an IPsec Lan-to-Lan VPN configured.

How to configure the router so that the VPN automatically connects using the backup link?

Thanks.

Options
4 Reply
Re:VPN IPsec with 2Links Failover
2021-04-27 06:18:19

Dear @Assis,

Assis wrote

How to conf TL-R605 to have Failover using IPsec VPN?

The idea is to have high availability on the TL-R605.
We have 2 internet providers on the router and an IPsec Lan-to-Lan VPN configured.

How to configure the router so that the VPN automatically connects using the backup link?

I'm afraid that the TP-Link router doesn't support Failover using IPSec VPN at present.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-04-27 12:40:12

@Fae 

Thanks.

This feature it will be appreciated.

The Ipsec software configuration don't need to set the output interface, but only the IP Address (WAN). 
So I dont think this is a hard code to develop in a future release.

Options
2021-08-10 00:14:35 - last edited 2021-08-10 00:14:50

Hi Guys,

Do you know if TPlink has any plans to develop a new version with VPN IPsec Failover?

We have 70 units of TL-R605 working with 2 internet link each. So, every time that primary internet fail we need to manually set the IPsec VPN configuration.

Its an unpleasent job for our technicians and a major problem to our customers. 

Best Regards.

Options
2021-11-16 06:37:13

Hi,

I have same problem with R605 site to site VPN backup. But what about some "semiautomatic" solution ? I have 2 ISP and 2 routers at both sides of the VPN tunnel and for me is no problem to switch some cables if one internet connection is down. But also cannot find the right setup....Can you help me we this ? Many thanks    

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1088

Replies: 4

Related Articles