Putting a link youtube site or facebook in the Promotional url in voucher type (error)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Putting a link youtube site or facebook in the Promotional url in voucher type (error)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-28 12:15:16
Model: EAP660 HD  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Version 2.4.2 and version 2.4.11

Im using EAP 660 HD now and EAP 225 outdoor, and im using VOUCHER type or HOTSPOT.

Last 3 months im using version3.2.14 because I have EAP 225. It's good in Redirect site because they direct in to my youtube videos advertisement after they done enter my portal. Now i just bought EAP 660 HD wifi 6 and I just known this that it needs to upgrade to version 4. I download of course and in the Promotional url, Its different from the Redirect Url because after they done enter portal and going now to my site youtube. I didn't work, its just close quickly. Is there way to fix this? or its there an other version in version 4 that this promotional work?

Options
10 Reply
Re:Putting a link youtube site or facebook in the Promotional url in voucher type (error)
2021-05-14 06:46:46 - last edited 2021-05-14 06:47:03

Dear @JanjanPiloton,

JanjanPiloton wrote

Im using EAP 660 HD now and EAP 225 outdoor, and im using VOUCHER type or HOTSPOT.

Last 3 months im using version3.2.14 because I have EAP 225. It's good in Redirect site because they direct in to my youtube videos advertisement after they done enter my portal. Now i just bought EAP 660 HD wifi 6 and I just known this that it needs to upgrade to version 4. I download of course and in the Promotional url, Its different from the Redirect Url because after they done enter portal and going now to my site youtube. I didn't work, its just close quickly. Is there way to fix this? or its there an other version in version 4 that this promotional work?

Are you using Omada Controller v4.3.5? 

If yes, you may downgrade the controller back to v4.2.11 for checking.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Putting a link youtube site or facebook in the Promotional url in voucher type (error)
2021-05-14 08:22:46

@Fae im using version 4.2.4 right now. And its still always close whenever going to promotional url.

Options
2021-05-17 09:34:54

Dear @JanjanPiloton,

JanjanPiloton wrote

im using version 4.2.4 right now. And its still always close whenever going to promotional url.

Do you mean that the portal page will open and close immediately?

If you use the original URL, would it open the portal page properly?

Not sure if I understand the problem correctly, if possible, you may record a short video for checking.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-05-17 21:02:39

@Fae My youtube url or the promotional url , that's what it close immediately. Here's the short video. Please help me

File:
video-1621284951.mp4Download
Options
2021-05-18 04:02:44

Dear @JanjanPiloton,

JanjanPiloton wrote

My youtube url or the promotional url , that's what it close immediately. Here's the short video. Please help me

I haven't reproduced the problem described in the short video you attached.

When you are connected to a SSID without Portal enabled, are you able to access the youtube url directly in the web browser on your phone? Please change other clients to test it. If the url works fine in the network, try deleting the portal and re-create one for checking.

For further assistance, you may provide a backup of your configuration for analysis.

Options
2021-05-18 09:11:02

@Fae What's the meaning of "I haven't reproduced the problem described in the short video you attached"? Does it means you didnt watch or can't the video? Is there a problem on the file?

About the directly in the web browser just connect to SSID, I copy my link youtube and put on the browser while in the SSID only not on portal, it works.

About the change client, I've just used 5 different cellphone and testing the portal promotional url when I start this version 4.2.4 . It's 2 works and 3 not, the model of 2 works are realmi, and oppo a5 2020. The model of didn't work are oppo f11, oppo a52 and vivo 1716. I'm super curious about this not working or what's wrong because I used the version 3 last month, the older version, all Cellphone that connect in our portal redirecting to my url is working, absolutely working. But now here in Version 4.2.4 it change to promotional url and it's not working anymore. It's just automatically close. 

About deleting portal and re-create, i think i've done that when i start version 4.2.4 or testing, and still the same, still automatically close url. This time? I can't just delete and re-create because it's a business wifi, there's going to have lost connection or lost portal if i delete and re-create.

Ok I'll back it up thank you.

Options
2021-05-18 09:34:47

Dear @JanjanPiloton,

JanjanPiloton wrote

What's the meaning of "I haven't reproduced the problem described in the short video you attached"? Does it means you didnt watch or can't the video? Is there a problem on the file?

No, I can watch the video. What I mean is that I ran a simple test by configuring the protal with promotional url, it works without a problem.

About the change client, I've just used 5 different cellphone and testing the portal promotional url when I start this version 4.2.4 . It's 2 works and 3 not, the model of 2 works are realmi, and oppo a5 2020. The model of didn't work are oppo f11, oppo a52 and vivo 1716. I'm super curious about this not working or what's wrong because I used the version 3 last month, the older version, all Cellphone that connect in our portal redirecting to my url is working, absolutely working. But now here in Version 4.2.4 it change to promotional url and it's not working anymore. It's just automatically close. 

So it seems to have something to do with certain clients.

Did you configure any special settings like rate limit for certain clients on the controller?

About the directly in the web browser just connect to SSID, I copy my link youtube and put on the browser while in the SSID only not on portal, it works.

Does it also work on those clients oppo f11, oppo a52 and vivo 1716?

Options
2021-05-18 14:28:32

@Fae No, I can watch the video. What I mean is that I ran a simple test by configuring the protal with promotional url, it works without a problem.

Ok so what version is that and what is your cp model?

So it seems to have something to do with certain clients.

Did you configure any special settings like rate limit for certain clients on the controller?

Yes, I put 2500 kbps download and upload for each voucher. Even my version 3 I put 2500 kpbs for each voucher.

Does it also work on those clients oppo f11, oppo a52 and vivo 1716?

Yup it works, I put the link in the browser, yeah its playing. My main cp is oppo F11.

What if I use the New version, this version  4.3.5 ? Does this can help?

Options
2021-05-19 03:12:11

Dear @JanjanPiloton,

JanjanPiloton wrote

Ok so what version is that and what is your cp model?

Tested with Controller v4.2.4 and v4.2.11. EAP265HD & EAP225-Outdoor. iPhone xs max ios14.4.

Yes, I put 2500 kbps download and upload for each voucher. Even my version 3 I put 2500 kpbs for each voucher.

Would it make any difference if you increase bandwidth limits like 25000kbps?

What if I use the New version, this version  4.3.5 ? Does this can help?

If your promotional url doesn't contain a subfolder with "/", you may upgrade to controller v4.3.5 for checking.

If there is a subfolder with "/" included in the URL, you may keep v4.2.4 or v4.2.11 for use.

Note: the controller v4.3.5 won't allow a subfolder with "/" in the promotional url, it will be fixed in the next update.

Options
2021-05-19 13:03:41

@Fae Tested with Controller v4.2.4 and v4.2.11. EAP265HD & EAP225-Outdoor. iPhone xs max ios14.4.

ANSWER: So it depends on cellphone clients? or it because of EAP660HD , I'm connecting at this device when I'm testing?

Would it make any difference if you increase bandwidth limits like 25000kbps?

ANSWER: Ah, Ok i'll do it but i have problem now, can't do it that right now.

If your promotional url doesn't contain a subfolder with "/", you may upgrade to controller v4.3.5 for checking.

If there is a subfolder with "/" included in the URL, you may keep v4.2.4 or v4.2.11 for use.

Note: the controller v4.3.5 won't allow a subfolder with "/" in the promotional url, it will be fixed in the next update.

ANSWER: My problem is I've just download it this morning and I'm using version 4.3.5. now. I got excited because I thought this will solve the problem and I've just read your message just now and it's too late. Yup my promotional url have subfolder "/" and whenever i put my url in promotional url in this version 4.3.5. is saying "Invalid Request Paremeters". I'm going back now to v4.2.4 or 4.2.11, no choice right? I think I'll just wait the next update right? 

I'm just thinking what if I go back to version 3, the redirecting there is so sure, but i have EAP660 HD right now and I don't want this to go waste. It's expensive this device. So no choice, just going back to version 4.2.4 or version 4.2.11 and just wait for the next update you saying. I'll do it tomorrow noon, can't do right now cause. This time, there's so many who connects. Doing it tomorrow. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 970

Replies: 10