EAP225 Survived fire. Questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-02 01:38:25 - last edited 2021-05-02 01:45:14
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.0

Sad day for us to experience fire during this pandemic :(

Fire started (very early morning 3am) in my car which was parked in the drive way, took the nearest room which was an office room.

a total of 3 EAP 225 V3s spread in the building were damaged by the fire, but 1 survived! 
the photo shows the survivor EAP 225 which was drenched in water from the firefighters and exposed to very high heat (melted case).

Cleaned the survivor EAP225 and let it dry in the sun for a whole day. then tried to plug it in. It is still alive and working very well in my tests

My question is, is there a way wherein i can buy a front and back housing/casing of this eap225 v3 separately so i can still use it?  its melted and burnt very badly hehe

so this is my survivor EAP225 story, Water and high temp tested/approved! :)

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP225 Survived fire. Questions.
2021-05-02 22:03:51

@BryanMania 

One of my smarter customers had set their EAP245 on the radiator in the house and melted the plastic :)  Still worked but looked awful!

Anyways couldnt get a cover for them, but tried did find a dead one on Ebay for next to nothing and salvaged the case from it

You could always try cleaning it up then applying some plastic skin / sticky back plastic to it.  Done that a few times for the ugly grey meru devices to make them look better on white ceiling tiles.

Options
Re:EAP225 Survived fire. Questions.
2021-05-06 00:40:34

@Philbert that is a good idea. tried searching in our local market place, no one seems to sell dead eap225s, maybe you have a lead on ebay or other sites where i can buy dead/defective eaps? thanks in advance

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 634

Replies: 2

Related Articles