error - Invalid request parameters. trying to connect ironwifi external web portal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

error - Invalid request parameters. trying to connect ironwifi external web portal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-10 12:54:17 - last edited 2021-05-13 01:33:36
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.3

I am trying to connect my EAP to IronWifi External Radius Server for user registration and authentication.

Trying to use their customized external web portal but receive an Invalid Request Parameters error when trying to save the external address.

If I remove the part that actually specifies my portal specifically it will save but that just takes you to the IronWifi website, not my splash page.

Any thoughts as to what is causing this error?

Options
6 Reply
Re:error - Invalid request parameters. trying to connect ironwifi external web portal
2021-05-12 03:35:33 - last edited 2021-05-13 01:33:36

Dear @chapman,

chapman wrote

I am trying to connect my EAP to IronWifi External Radius Server for user registration and authentication.
Trying to use their customized external web portal but receive an Invalid Request Parameters error when trying to save the external address.

If I remove the part that actually specifies my portal specifically it will save but that just takes you to the IronWifi website, not my splash page.

Is your EAP225 managed by Omada Controller? What's the version of your Controller?

Could you please elaborate on the issue with some screenshots?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:error - Invalid request parameters. trying to connect ironwifi external web portal
2021-05-12 09:37:08 - last edited 2021-05-13 01:33:36

@Fae 

Thank you for your response, would be happy to provide more information.

The EAP (v3.0 - 5.0.3) is managed by Omada Controller (OC200 1.0) version 4.3.5

My issue arises when I try to link to the external web portal, if I remove everything after the .com it saves and redirects as expected, but that just takes you to their main website and not my specific splash page, the info after .com is my ironwifi unique ID.

All im trying to set up is a portal that allows users to register with an email address.

Options
2021-05-13 01:37:05

Dear @chapman,

chapman wrote

The EAP (v3.0 - 5.0.3) is managed by Omada Controller (OC200 1.0) version 4.3.5

My issue arises when I try to link to the external web portal, if I remove everything after the .com it saves and redirects as expected, but that just takes you to their main website and not my specific splash page, the info after .com is my ironwifi unique ID.

Thank you for the detailed information. I've reported this issue to the R&D team for checking.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-05-14 10:00:18

@Fae 

Thank you for the update, I have actually managed to solve this issue (with the help from the guys at ironwifi), seems that the external portal address needed to end in .com .co.uk, so they helped it reroute and forward to where I needed to go.

Funnily enough with that part resolved I am now having a similar issue in getting my login to authenticate and authorize with the controller url, and its actually throwing up the same error.

The controller url im using is http://192.168.1.132:8088 but this feels wrong (but its the only thing ive tried that seems to even try to work).

Thats the IP of the controller, I have tried the IP of the EAP as well but that does nothing, cant help but think im missing something obvious, Im so close...

Options
2021-05-17 08:54:52

Dear @chapman,

chapman wrote

Thank you for the update, I have actually managed to solve this issue (with the help from the guys at ironwifi), seems that the external portal address needed to end in .com .co.uk, so they helped it reroute and forward to where I needed to go.

The problem seems to be that the external portal address doesn't allow subpath with "/". The R&D team will check the problem and fix it.

Funnily enough with that part resolved I am now having a similar issue in getting my login to authenticate and authorize with the controller url, and its actually throwing up the same error.

To better understand the problem, could you please upload the screenshot for checking?

Related article: 

Source code template for External Web Portal (Controller 4.1.5 or above)

Options
2021-06-10 10:10:57 - last edited 2021-06-10 10:12:09

Good morning, 

I have the same problem. We wan't to migrate to 4.3.5 version from 3.2.1. but in the integration with external hotspot platform (Octopus), we can't add "External Web Portal URL" with subpath. This url redirection works perfectly en 3.2.1 version. Can you inform us what's the latest version where this problem doesn't happen?

Kind Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1732

Replies: 6