Omada cloud connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada cloud connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Omada cloud connection
Omada cloud connection
2021-05-11 02:53:03
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.2 Build 20210303 Rel. 34713

I am a new user.  I have a question regarding the persistence of the connection to the cloud.

I understand that the OC200 can operate in stand-alone mode.  Given that, when you enable the cloud services does the device stay in stand-alone mode when you access it on your local network. 

Basically what I am trying to find out is how much the device talks to the cloud, continuously, daily, when requested?

It seems to me that since the device is capable of performing without the cloud it would be most secure if it were disconnected until requested.

I could not find any description of how the integration was designed.

Regards

Options
1 Reply
Re:Omada cloud connection
2021-05-11 08:09:00

@HighCommand 

Just from experience and traffic logs there is a good bit of chatter from the controller to the cloud when this is enabled, but to be honest this is not un-expected.

Its basically just heart beat / checkin's with the clould looking for updates and reporting status.  

This doesn't come as any real surprise, any cloud enabled device will need to check in frequently for changes in the cloud that could affect its on premise status and/or report back changes.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 531

Replies: 1

Related Articles