Utilization EAP235

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Utilization EAP235

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
18 Reply
Re:Utilization EAP235
2021-06-15 09:27:14

@data021 

Unfortunately yes.

After I had contact to the English and the German mail-support for days now and moved the EAP to our DMZ and offered them access for live diagnosis, I got finally an unpleasant answer about the missing RX/TX in the graph 3 hours ago:

TP-Link wrote by Mail

Dear Till,

For the issue that the Omada 4.x doesn't show RX/TX-Frames and the Calculated Interference for the EAP235 as it did for the EAP 115, I confirmed with the R&D team:

Due to chip differences, the channel utilization on EAP235-Wall/EAP230-Wall cannot distinguish Tx/Rx frame, so Tx/Rx and Interference are uniformly represented by Busy.
That's why you only see Busy and Free with EAP235-Wall and EAP230-Wall, but you get Tx/Rx frame, Interference and Free with other EAPs.

If you are trying to analyze if the channel is occupied by clients or other devices/foreign APs, you may use InSSIDer or WiFi Analyzer on a cellphone instead.

We look forward to hearing back from you. If you have additional information or feedback to provide, please let us know.

Fiona.Yuan

TP-Link Technical Support

Options
Re:Utilization EAP235-Solution
2021-06-15 10:55:30 - last edited 2021-06-27 09:25:18

Hello,

thanks for the information, so the EAP 235 / 230 not usable for us.

It is a step backwards compared to the EAP 225.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-10-01 22:50:35

Same problem for me and I have installed approximately 30 of them in multi-tenant building.

Is very difficult to setup each AP without understanding interference between all AP.

Very disappointed!

Hoping that TP-Link engineers can find a solution to this problem or change chip supplier.

I only use TP-Link product and buy thousands of dollars each month but this product is not very viable and the worst of luck, the EAP225-WALL is discontinued !!!

Options
2021-10-08 09:41:05

Dear @OXYDE,

OXYDE wrote

Same problem for me and I have installed approximately 30 of them in multi-tenant building. 

Is very difficult to setup each AP without understanding interference between all AP.

The Interference is only for reference, it's not accurate. As a workaround, you may use other Wi-Fi scan tools (for example, install WiFi Analyzer or InSSIDer on a mobile phone) to check the interference and deploy the APs.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-10-08 12:15:29 - last edited 2021-10-08 12:16:04

Helllo,

i  installed the new firmware version 3.1 today. The same problem with the high utilization. 

It is probably just an evulation errror, it is not a problem with interference. the channel used is free and the neighboring channels a free.

A wlan scan with android wlan tool ( wifiman ) confirmed this.

An EAP225 ( same configuration )  does not show any interference / utilization at the same location.

I hope the next update fix it...............

Best Regards Steve

with 5 clients 2,4 GHZ

Options
2021-10-09 06:19:57

Dear @data021,

data021 wrote

i  installed the new firmware version 3.1 today. The same problem with the high utilization. 

It is probably just an evulation errror, it is not a problem with interference. the channel used is free and the neighboring channels a free.

A wlan scan with android wlan tool ( wifiman ) confirmed this.

An EAP225 ( same configuration ) does not show any interference / utilization at the same location.

The utilization of EAP235-Wall/EAP230-Wall is a sum of Tx Frame, Rx Frame and Interference. 55% Utilized may not mean anything.

Please navigate to Details -> Radios to check the detailed Rx/Tx package information on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-10-09 08:04:15

@Fae 

Hello,

the function and performance of the eap235 is ok. The presentation in the overview differs from all others models

and makes evaluation more difficult.

Best Regards Steve

with 7  2.4 GHZ Clients, low Traffic

Options
2021-10-09 09:21:09

Dear @data021,

data021 wrote

the function and performance of the eap235 is ok. The presentation in the overview differs from all others models

and makes evaluation more difficult.

I see. The presentation difference may be caused by the chipset difference, I'm afraid that it may be hard to get changed in the firmware.

Options
Related Articles