ER7026+ OC200. Professional products of the lowest quality

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-13 19:14:15
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

After 5 hours of trying to make the ER706 and OC200 to work I removed them from my system and installed the old router.

TP-LINK your quality control is a joke.... I configured the ER by using the web interface and tried 3 or 4 times to make it play ball with the OC200.

The router is found and when I click adapt it goes to provisioning and deleted all my LAN settings. So I have all my devices with 192.168.1.x ips. OC200 decides while provisioning to reset the lan to 0.1. Then tries to adopt the router again and fails again and again. Not only that but changed the login and password of the router to something else... I don't know what  so I can't localy access the router. So I reset the router and try again.

I tried to adopt the router without make any configuration, again lo luck

The last straw is that it changed or corupted my  login and password of my EAP 225 access points too, So I must go and reset each and every one of them to be reconfigured again.

Please tell my that is my fault, that I did something wrong... I have a small network at home so it is only 5 lost hours and 250 lost euros for the devices. I pitty the administrator with 100+ devices installed

Options
16 Reply
Re:ER7026+ OC200. Professional products of the lowest quality
2021-05-13 20:09:51

@NikosK Try this guide, https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2983/ , it worked for me.  

Options
2021-05-13 20:51:10

@NikosK 

When you adopt a device all previous setting will be lost because they need to be in sync, and may not be compatible, with the controller settings.  So adopt first then make all required settings.  Router/EAP password is either going to be the default admin/admin, whatever you changed it to, or are listed under Settings>Site "Device Account" on the controller.  Should be able to reset EAPs using their IP address in a browser.

Options
2021-05-13 21:10:32

@1207  the password isn't anything known,  I be tried everything, the unit password,  the omada password.  Nothing worked.  If it was known then the controller should automatically fil it,  but adoption failed due to wrong login/password.

Is it logical to change the password instead of memorising it.  Now I need to physically reset each access point in the building...

Options
2021-05-13 21:26:14 - last edited 2021-05-14 20:44:37

My experience has been the controller uses the default password admin/admin during the first attempt to adopt. If you have changed the device's password in standalone mode, it will fail and then ask you to provide the correct password. If I enter the password the adopt continues and is successful. This has been using the OC200 hardware controller. So yes, the device should remember the password you set in standalone mode.

Options
2021-05-13 21:31:30

@NikosK Try that guide I posted above. Adoption will fail claiming incorrect password if there is a subnet mismatch. You need to a follow a certain set of steps if your devices are set up on .1.x

Options
2021-05-14 02:07:27

@NikosK 

After equipment is adopted into the controller it is managed through the controller, i.e. direct login is lost. So you would adopt devices and then configure them in the OC200 after that. This is normal procedure for enterprise level APs so there are no setting conflicts, and makes sense with a software defined network for the same reason.

Options
2021-05-14 03:11:21

The most infuriating part is that when I connect the router works for a minute as intented. I can see the configuration of my router in the omada controler, but I can't save it or do anything with it., Then the controler erases everything for "compatibility" issues destroying my work again and again.

If the controler can read my settings it should be able to ask me what I want to keep  and create a new "compatible" profile to use.

The creator of this piece of junk is responsible for all these issues.

I 've read https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2983/ and I find no new info. I had already changed both the OC200 ip and falllback ip to the 192.168.1.x range and used the same range for the router. But then the "adoption and provisioning" happens, where the controler change the lan to 0.x and the password in every compatiblle tplink product, locking me out from me network. I don't want to  use the 0.x range, I have a lot of equipment with static ips. I want to config my network as I LIKE.

Options
2021-05-14 08:41:41

@NikosK you don't need to use 0.1. After you provision the router from the oc200, you change it back to 1.1 and switch the oc200 back to using DHCP.

Options
2021-05-14 08:50:17

Yes this should be the correct thing to happen but.... After "reseting" the configuratin to 0.1 the controler fails everytime to adopt the router. I, on the other hand have no access to the router due to the change of the login/password( no it is not the old password or the controler login/password) and the only solution is to reset everything and try again.

Options
2021-05-14 12:38:27

@NikosK 

Does the default account work on the router after reset? As long as it does,  I would check that you are on the latest firmware for everything.  After that don't set a configuration on the router and try adopting it again.  The default management LAN is 0.1. In the latest firmware you can now change this,  but unless you do,  you probably want to keep that LAN configured for the management aspect and setup separate LANs for the rest of the network.  You might also try setting it to adopt and leaving it alone for a little while. I have read some people do that and it automatically adopts after a few attempts.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2542

Replies: 16