EAP 245 - Wifi clients disconnects when Omada Controller down/reboots?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-17 12:01:38
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.2 Build 20210303 Rel. 34713

I dont know if this is expected behaviour (didn't notice this before the latest controller version).

I think it's wierd that i lose internet/wifi conectivity when i reboot/update the controller container. Is there a setting to prevent this?

Options
3 Reply
Re:EAP 245 - Wifi clients disconnects when Omada Controller down/reboots?
2021-05-17 14:51:51
Just tested it again and it seems that it only happens when the omada controller comes back online.
Options
2021-05-18 08:20:46

@blj-74 

This would be my expected behavior based on experience.   When the controller goes OFFLINE the EAPs would continue to operate normally using their last know configuration from the controller.

However when the controller comes back online, it will re-adopt the devices and force a complete resync of the config and this would drop them for the time it takes to apply this.

I know that is how Meru controllers function, never actually tried it in Omada but would imagine its the same

Options
2021-05-18 11:22:55

@Philbert Yeah, it is. As long as the wifi doesnt crash with the controller / container running omada, it's okay. Was just momentarely concerned :-)...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1034

Replies: 3

Related Articles