Omada Controller bind for MAC to the desired access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-19 12:10:10 - last edited 2021-05-20 09:14:07

Is it possible to bind the device on MAC or IP-address to a specific access point? My printer, which is located on the first floor, constantly connects to the access point on the third floor and ignores the point on the first floor.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Omada Controller bind for MAC to the desired access point-Solution
2021-05-19 13:13:25 - last edited 2021-05-20 09:14:07

@dvortsov 

Strange one this but i had the same issue with a HP Printer.  Turned out when it was scanning for wireless it searched for the SSIDs in accending order by channel.  Namely it always tried to connect to the SSID on Channel 1 regardless of how far away it was.

I ended up swopping the channels around on the APs so that Channel 1 was on the AP near the printer, worked fine since..

Not the most elegant solution, but quick!

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Omada Controller bind for MAC to the desired access point-Solution
2021-05-19 13:13:25 - last edited 2021-05-20 09:14:07

@dvortsov 

Strange one this but i had the same issue with a HP Printer.  Turned out when it was scanning for wireless it searched for the SSIDs in accending order by channel.  Namely it always tried to connect to the SSID on Channel 1 regardless of how far away it was.

I ended up swopping the channels around on the APs so that Channel 1 was on the AP near the printer, worked fine since..

Not the most elegant solution, but quick!

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Omada Controller bind for MAC to the desired access point
2021-05-20 06:43:51

@Philbert Thanks, it also worked for Canon

Options
Re:Omada Controller bind for MAC to the desired access point
2021-05-20 08:18:45

@dvortsov 

Happy days!  Glad that worked for you!

Likely they both use the same type / vendor of wifi card and its very basic at best.  Long as it works :)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1130

Replies: 3