CPE710 losing connection after power loss. Have to do a full reset each time it happens...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

CPE710 losing connection after power loss. Have to do a full reset each time it happens...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-30 16:05:27
Model: CPE710  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 20201208

Every time I unplug the CPE710 or we lose power to the cpe, I lose all connectivity and have to factory reset and start reconfiguring from scratch.  Is this a design feature?

If these were installed on a tower and I had to rent a ladder truck each time, I'd be in serious hot water...   Am I doing something wrong?   Aren't the settings and configurations stored somewhere in non-volatile RAM?

Options
1 Reply
Re:CPE710 losing connection after power loss. Have to do a full reset each time it happens...
2021-06-01 08:55:21

@RocketBerger 

After you power off or reboot the device, all the settings will not be lost in normal cases. And I think that you are trying to use one CPE710 as Access Point to transfer the wifi signal to a long distance.

After the device reboot, you can try to monitor the LED light status on the CPE710, basically, all of the three lights should turn on. If on, you can try to use your phone or PC to connect to the CPE's WiFi signal, then you can try to Ping the router's LAN IP and Ping 8.8.8.8

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/425/

If the lights not on, especially the wireless light is off, you can try to check the firmware version of your CPE710, if not the latest one, try to upgrade it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1457

Replies: 1

Related Articles