TL-R605 - Bricked

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-R605 - Bricked

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-R605 - Bricked
TL-R605 - Bricked
2021-05-31 23:48:40 - last edited 2021-06-01 02:27:49
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Think I might have bricked my router.

I had two spares so that's mostly OK.

Can I tftp recovery?

****update****

man I hate ISP equipment. It can't even reliably operate an advanced DMZ zone for my omada router. Had to wait after the hockey game was over to reboot it and fix my wan situation. I have to use the ISP box for IPTV and Home Phone (ip based but not sip)

So after replacing my TL-R605 with an ER605 - I noticed my VPN settings were missing etc. So I figure great, this is exactly why I have the USB Backup in my OC200.

I restore, VPN settings restored! cool! next thing I know internet is knocked out again.

It basically knocked the ER605 off and brought back as a ghost my TL-R605 (and my vpn settings).

So of course, forget the TL-R605, adopt the ER605 again. Go into VPN - settings gone.

So the backups don't really work as ideally as one would like.

Can admins shine some clarification on this? Would it not be possible when adopting another router after a failure, that the OC200 could restore all the previous settings?

Options
4 Reply
Re:TL-R605 - Bricked
2021-06-01 07:53:25 - last edited 2021-06-01 08:11:26

Dear @EIBROG,

EIBROG wrote

Think I might have bricked my router.
I had two spares so that's mostly OK.
Can I tftp recovery?

Please check the FAQ below:

How to use the Emergency Mode to recovery the firmware for Omada Gateways

Can admins shine some clarification on this? Would it not be possible when adopting another router after a failure, that the OC200 could restore all the previous settings?

Sorry that the previous settings may not be able to restore to another router if the previous router is not forgotten by the controller.

Edit: it will be supported in the near future.

By the way, the difference between TL-R605 and ER605 is the model number change, so basically they are the same thing.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-06-03 14:00:52

@Fae 

Recovery worked perfectly.

Might want to make a sticky post out of the recovery method. Not sure why but I had trouble finding it.

Options
2021-07-19 17:10:59
Dear Sir, I found this Q&A thread, where I am looking for the resolution to my newly purchased ER605 router. As I studied from the TPLINK emulator of TL-R600VPN, there is a IPTV related VLAN setting for the ISP; due to the seller I contacted does not have TL-R600VPN, and told me ER605 is an new model of that, partially my fault that ended to purchase the ER605 and found that the entire IPTV menu item is totally missing (where TL-R600VPN does have that). I had tried to search around for solution on how could manually setup the VLAN ID to make the Unifi IPTV works (but with no luck). So ... leading me to found this thread.. and seems EIBROG is able to restore it's older TL-R605 to ER605.. I wander, is that any solution for me (without any previous backup similar, as I just bough this unit), to be able to flush my ER605 with IPTV support? Would be very much appreciate if anyone could shows me some pointers... Sincerely.
Options
2021-08-03 04:07:38

@KL.Kok 

TL-R605 to ER605 are the same device. It was renamed.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1331

Replies: 4