TL-R605 No longer assigning IP addresses to Wireless Devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-03 10:29:47 - last edited 2021-06-17 07:00:23
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1

I upgraded to the 1.1.0 firmware on my TL-R605 last night and then it would not give out IP addresses to my wireless devices (also using a EAP225). I am able to set up a device to have a static IP from the device itself and connect, but it will not automatically assign an IP.

I loaded my backup file that I downloaded from before the upgrade and have the same issue. I rolled back my firmware and then loaded my backup file and have the same issue.

Any suggestions?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL-R605 No longer assigning IP addresses to Wireless Devices-Solution
2021-06-16 01:40:18 - last edited 2021-06-17 07:00:23

@Fae 

Thank you for escalating this case. After having a CS representative remote into my computer and dig around for a while the issue ultimately was discovered to be duplicate static IP reservations. The issue was obviously my fault in assigning two different MAC addresses the same IP - although neither was on the network anymore.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-R605 No longer assigning IP addresses to Wireless Devices
2021-06-07 01:29:29

Dear @clemsongt,

clemsongt wrote

I upgraded to the 1.1.0 firmware on my TL-R605 last night and then it would not give out IP addresses to my wireless devices (also using a EAP225). I am able to set up a device to have a static IP from the device itself and connect, but it will not automatically assign an IP. 

I loaded my backup file that I downloaded from before the upgrade and have the same issue. I rolled back my firmware and then loaded my backup file and have the same issue.

For your case, I'd like to escalate your case to the TP-Link support team who could help you more efficiently.

They will reach you via your registered email address shortly, please pay attention to your email box later.

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, I'd encourage you to share it with the community.

Thank you so much for your cooperation and support!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:TL-R605 No longer assigning IP addresses to Wireless Devices-Solution
2021-06-16 01:40:18 - last edited 2021-06-17 07:00:23

@Fae 

Thank you for escalating this case. After having a CS representative remote into my computer and dig around for a while the issue ultimately was discovered to be duplicate static IP reservations. The issue was obviously my fault in assigning two different MAC addresses the same IP - although neither was on the network anymore.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:TL-R605 No longer assigning IP addresses to Wireless Devices
2021-06-17 07:01:09

Dear @clemsongt,

clemsongt wrote

Thank you for your valued feedback. Glad to hear that your concern was resolved finally. 

Hope you enjoy the Internet and have a nice day!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 791

Replies: 3