EAP225 Outdoor -Flash from Canadian to US firmware?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-03 12:38:32
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.20.0

Hi, I mistakenly bought two Canadian versions of the EAP225 Outdoor.

I'm attempting to flash them to use US software but keep getting a message that the US firmware is not a valid file.

Current HW and firmware --> 

EAP225-Outdoor(Canada) v1.0[Custom]

I've tried the US file of 1.20 and the US file of 5.0.3 and neither work.

Does anyone know if it's possible to convert these to US firmware?

Thanks

Chris

Options
5 Reply
Re:EAP225 Outdoor -Flash from Canadian to US firmware?
2021-06-06 03:00:24

Hi @John1234 I saw you replied but the message was truncated and got deleted.  I appreciate any help you can provide.

If not on this forum, I can be reached at chris at bigchris dot com.

Thanks

Chris

Options
2021-06-09 01:16:24 - last edited 2021-06-09 01:17:04

Dear @BigChris,

BigChris wrote

Hi, I mistakenly bought two Canadian versions of the EAP225 Outdoor.

I'm attempting to flash them to use US software but keep getting a message that the US firmware is not a valid file.

Current HW and firmware --> 

EAP225-Outdoor(Canada) v1.0[Custom]

I've tried the US file of 1.20 and the US file of 5.0.3 and neither work.

Does anyone know if it's possible to convert these to US firmware?

For your case, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support team who will contact you with your provided email address later.

Please pay attention to the email box for follow-up. Thank you so much for your cooperation and patience!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-06-09 12:29:57

@Fae Thanks so much.

Options
2021-07-23 20:56:48

@Fae 

any chance you can assist me as well Fae?  i purchased two eap225 outdoor u.s. models.  the box says u.s., the sticker on the device says u.s. but it has canadian firmware and will not work with the existing system i am trying to build out.  the devices came wrapped in cellophane, showed no sign of use...... please help!

Options
2021-07-26 07:10:11

Dear @ontariojohn,

ontariojohn wrote

any chance you can assist me as well Fae?  i purchased two eap225 outdoor u.s. models.  the box says u.s., the sticker on the device says u.s. but it has canadian firmware and will not work with the existing system i am trying to build out.  the devices came wrapped in cellophane, showed no sign of use...... please help!

May I know where you are located and where you purchased the EAP225-Outdoor from?

The EAP225-Outdoor sold and used in Canada shall run with Canadian firmware to comply with the local regulations and laws.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1394

Replies: 5

Related Articles