Poe injector light indicator turns off when inserting the Ethernet cable the Poe port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Poe injector light indicator turns off when inserting the Ethernet cable the Poe port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-10 07:02:43

Poe injector light indicator turns off when inserting the Ethernet cable the Poe port. I have 3 access point in which 2 of them are working just fine. But the 3rd suddenly disconnected and I couldn't bring it back due to this problem. Mind you I have tested the injector with another access point and it worked perfectly. Could the root of the problem is the access point wall cable? If so how can I varify? 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Poe injector light indicator turns off when inserting the Ethernet cable the Poe port
2021-06-11 08:34:53

KH1234 wrote

. Mind you I have tested the injector with another access point and it worked perfectly.  

@KH1234 

Do you mean that when you connect this "broken" injector to another access point, the access point can get power?

If you connect all access point to this same POE injector, then the LDE light turns off, issue may be related with the injector itself. Also try to connect with different cable for a better comparison. How about another injector with all access point?

Options
Re:Poe injector light indicator turns off when inserting the Ethernet cable the Poe port
2021-06-11 09:21:31 - last edited 2021-06-11 09:22:30

@KH1234 

Hey

where does the other end of the cable terminate?   is it into a switch?    Have you tried just connecting a cable to the injector that is not connected to anything at the other end and see if it has the same effect?  

If it works with a non terminated / connected cable its likely the device on the far end IMHO..  If it happens still its likely the cable itself or the termination causing a short out

Options
2021-06-11 14:50:08

@John1234 

Hi, the injectors works fine with other access points. The problem is the indicator light switches of when I insert the wall  cable (which is coonected to the access point) to the POE port of the injector. My switch doest support POE so the setup is : access point-----wall cable-----poe port----- a cable from the Lan port ----- switch----- modem.

I have 2 other access points and both work perfectly with the same setting.

Options
2021-06-11 14:50:37
Hi, the injectors works fine with other access points. The problem is the indicator light switches of when I insert the wall  cable (which is coonected to the access point) to the POE port of the injector. My switch doest support POE so the setup is : access point-----wall cable-----poe port----- a cable from the Lan port ----- switch----- modem.
Options
2021-06-11 14:55:13

@KH1234 

Ah ok, I thought you where referring to the LAN part of the injector where the LAN comes into it from the switch, the IN rather than the OUT.

Take it you tried the same AP with the injector at closer range (not via wall trunking, direct to AP)?   did this work also?

At a guess it does sound like your wall trunking is to blame, could also be the AP however.  Does another injector work on that AP?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1705

Replies: 5