Move from software controller to hardware controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-10 08:56:03 - last edited 2021-06-10 09:01:23
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have 1 EAP245v3 and 1 switch TL-SG2210P already adopted in the Omada Software Controller installed on my desktop. 

I have installed the OC200, configured it for cloud access, both controllers show in my tp-link cloud and my question is how do I move the devices from the software controller to the hardware controller. 

Omada software controller was a little buggy for me, it sometimes showed disconnected devices when I would start it, partially resolved it when I have reinstalled and I wanted a good solution while waiting for the 2nd ap to come back from the warranty service. 

For now I just want to move the devices and configure the OC200. 

bonus question: if I enable logs with the hardware controller, a single 8gb usb stick formatted with fat32 will suffice? 

Thank you.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Move from software controller to hardware controller
2021-06-10 11:23:58

@userNAC 

Hey

I have 3x EAPs and around 60 clients connected at most times, so far not used much over 2GB of space in a year on the USB drive so this should be fine for you

Options
2021-06-10 20:50:48

@Philbert Could you please tell me if theese settings are correct in order to save Clients' History Data?

and 

I get the warning that the hystorical data of the clients will occupy all the internal memory of the OC200 and I obviously do not want that.

PS: I have moved the devices by forgetting them on the software controller first and adopting them in hardware controller.

Options
2021-06-10 22:07:12

@userNAC 

That is pretty much exactly how I have set mine up!   From what I can determine it does use the internal memory for storage between the backups, in your case that would be the 2nd through to the 31st.   Once the backup is complete its freed

I do notice the storage on the OC200 drops after the backup is run and think that is the reason

Clients' history does take a lot more space than just the standard backup, however I don't see much point in logging if you are not going to record the client history.   My storage numbers from the last post was based on client being backed up 

Best of luck

Options
2021-06-11 07:45:05

@userNAC 

Also there has instruction on "How to migrate the configuration files from Omada Software Controller into OC200", although it is for old controller software, the process is almost the same.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2409/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1271

Replies: 4