OC200 + EAP660HD guest network with vouchers and management VLAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-10 12:41:40
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone

I have a question about setting up guest access with vouchers in a secure way.

Here is an overview of how i setup the network components
Router(TL-ER7206 V1 - VLAN1 ) > Switch(TL-SG2428P V1 VLAN1) > OC200 Controller (VLAN 1)
                                                                                                           > EAP660 HD (all VLANS on this switch port)

I have setup Switch ACL Rules to prevent communication between all VLANs except for the Guest VLAN(voucher) which can

communicate with VLAN1, else guests wont get the voucher page since they can't contact the controller.

The problem now is that anyone connecting to the guest network can access the configuration pages of the router, all switches and the controller, since

they can communicate with VLAN1.

I tried setting up the management VLAN before, but then i simply lose connection to the controller since its in another VLAN than the router

Any help to secure this setup would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:OC200 + EAP660HD guest network with vouchers and management VLAN
2021-06-10 12:57:45 - last edited 2021-06-10 13:09:16

@TuL 

Hey

I accomplished this by creating a Group and adding the gateway address into the group as shown below, as well as the ports for access

I then created a switch ACL to stop the traffic from certain VLANs (Guest, IOT etc) from connecting to the devices listed in the group

Any help to you?

Options
Re:OC200 + EAP660HD guest network with vouchers and management VLAN
2021-06-11 12:55:11

@Philbert thanks for your very fast reply, going to test this out and will report back

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 789

Replies: 2