Fritzbox 7490 as a mesh repeater behind CPE210

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-12 18:21:44 - last edited 2021-06-13 08:33:12

Hello,

I'll let google translator translate my problem from German to English.

I hope that I ended up here in the correct sub-forum. If not, please postpone. Thanks.

I want to expand my WLAN network. This structure is planned: Fritzbox 7590 WLAN router with DSL connection a cpe210 connected as AP via LAN a second cpe210 as a WISP client at the destination The WISP client provides a WLAN network. Fritzbox 7490 as a mesh repeater takes up this WLAN network and provides its own WLAN network.

What has worked so far: The first cpe210 connected to the Fritzbox via LAN. This appears in the overview of the Fritzbox and can also be called up. The second cpe210 is configured as a WISP client. The connection between the two cpe210's is established. In the overview they are shown as connected and the ping test worked.

Now come the problems:

The WISP client opens its WLAN network and I let the Fritzbox search for networks in the area as a mesh repeater. It finds the correct network and it is gray and cannot be selected. I've tried both encrypted and unencrypted, always the same result.

To explain the picture of the Fritzbox: I tried the whole thing at home because I don't want to run back and forth between the two endpoints all the time. The network: "Auenland" is my network. The "Auenland-bridge" network is the bridge between the two cpe210s and the "Hexenhaus" network is the network I want to select.

If I select the option “via LAN” with the Fritzbox, then the only option is to connect this Fritzbox to another Fritzbox and to connect both with the DECT button.

greeting Mathias

Options
1 Reply
Re:Fritzbox 7490 as a mesh repeater behind CPE210
2021-06-17 07:54:34 - last edited 2021-06-17 08:16:32

Oh, I found one thing that may be helpful! Those grayed-out Wi-Fi are all working on channel 11, while the one you are able to select is on channel 1. Maybe your Fritzbox needs to work on channel1. You can try to fix the CPE on channel 1. You can also use your laptop to test if your laptop can connect to the WISP.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 623

Replies: 1