Incorrect data usage count on Voucher authentication with traffic limit enabled

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Incorrect data usage count on Voucher authentication with traffic limit enabled

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Incorrect data usage count on Voucher authentication with traffic limit enabled
Incorrect data usage count on Voucher authentication with traffic limit enabled
2021-06-14 16:48:09 - last edited 2021-09-30 10:24:16
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.8.0 Build 20210406 Rel.58757

Hi,

 

I am running a voucher-based authentication with a data limit enabled (1GB per guest) for our wireless network in our small tea shop. I decided to have data limit enabled since I do not have unlimited internet (only 1TB monthly data allowance). On average, we have approximately 20-30 users daily (20-30Gb data) but on my internet provider's router statistics it shows 40-50GB of data. It's impossible for me and my colleague to use an extra 20Gb. So I changed my router password thinking someone might have accessed our WiFi network but it did not make any difference. 

 

Upon doing my investigation, I found out that my Omada voucher is showing incorrect data usage counts. I created a 500mb data voucher for my iPad to check the statistics. I downloaded a 139MB update for an app and here are the stats on the Omada controller:

 

 

Fig 1. Highlighted in red is the amount of data to be downloaded for an update. 

 


Fig 2. The voucher I made for testing. 

 

 


Fig 3. Total amount of data downloaded (79.24mb) based on statistics of OMADA controller. 

 

Fig 4. Data usage in bytes based on my internet provider's router.

 

 

Here's the usage of one of my users earlier today.

 

Fig 1. Usage statistics in OMADA (1.02GB down / 78.04 up). 

 

 

Fig 2. Usage statistics on my ISP's router. 

 

 

Fig 3. Omada stats

 

 

Fig 4. ISP router's stats in bytes. 

 

 

I hope @Fae can escalate this to R&D. Thank you!

I tried to downgrade to the previous version  (OC200(UN)_v1_1.7.4 Build 20210118) but it won't let me do it. I am getting in circles. 

 

  0      
  0      
#1
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Incorrect data usage count on Voucher authentication with traffic limit enabled-Solution
2021-09-30 10:24:05 - last edited 2021-09-30 10:24:16

 

I would like to commend the TP-LINK team for sorting this out for me. 

 

It turns out that this issue is just isolated on IOS devices and the application size displayed in the iOS App Store is not the size of the installation package to download but the Install size indicating the amount of disk space that the app will take on the phone.


For those who are on voucher authentication please find the thread below for a thorough explanation. 
 

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/232424/my-app-is-showing-install-size-instead-of-download-size-in-app-store

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/45208

 

Kudos to Fiona and the rest of the TP-Link team. 

Recommended Solution
  2  
  2  
#4
Options
3 Reply
Re:Incorrect data usage count on Voucher authentication with traffic limit enabled
2021-06-15 07:49:36

Dear @paparazz01,

 

For your case, I'd like to escalate to the TP-Link support team who could help you more efficiently.

They will reach you via your registered email address shortly, please pay attention to your email box later.

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, I'd encourage you to share it with the community.

Thank you so much for your cooperation and support!

2022 TP-Link Wi-Fi 7 Product Launch Event | Watch the Replay at https://www.tp-link.com/us/wifi7/event/.
  1  
  1  
#2
Options
Re:Incorrect data usage count on Voucher authentication with traffic limit enabled
2021-06-15 09:14:51 - last edited 2021-09-30 10:18:48

@Fae 

 

Thank you in advance. 

 

Sure, I'll share the on the thread. 

  0  
  0  
#3
Options
Re:Incorrect data usage count on Voucher authentication with traffic limit enabled-Solution
2021-09-30 10:24:05 - last edited 2021-09-30 10:24:16

 

I would like to commend the TP-LINK team for sorting this out for me. 

 

It turns out that this issue is just isolated on IOS devices and the application size displayed in the iOS App Store is not the size of the installation package to download but the Install size indicating the amount of disk space that the app will take on the phone.


For those who are on voucher authentication please find the thread below for a thorough explanation. 
 

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/232424/my-app-is-showing-install-size-instead-of-download-size-in-app-store

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/45208

 

Kudos to Fiona and the rest of the TP-Link team. 

Recommended Solution
  2  
  2  
#4
Options