Votes

Private PSK / Multiple PSKs on same SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-16 20:06:26 - last edited 2022-09-08 08:59:20

I was wondering if Omada has support or plans to support multiple private PSK keys on a single SSID? You have multipe PSKs or passwords on a single SSID, and each is tied to a VLAN.  

Other vendors call this multiple things. Ruckus is Group DPSK, Aruba is MPSK, Cambiumn is ePSK, Cisco is iPSk.

A good explanation of what this entails is listed here: https://www.engeniustech.com/mypsk-a-network-access-solution-for-universities-multi-tenant-dwelling 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Private PSK / Multiple PSKs on same SSID-Solution
2021-06-18 08:43:13 - last edited 2022-09-08 08:59:16

Hi there,

colton. conor wrote

I was wondering if Omada has support or plans to support multiple private PSK keys on a single SSID? You have multipe PSKs or passwords on a single SSID, and each is tied to a VLAN.  

TP-Link Omada is mainly aimed at small and mid-size business networks. I'm afraid that Omada doesn't support the above feature yet.

Updated on May 20, 2022:

Private Pre-Shared Key (PPSK) has been added since the release of Omada Controller v5.1.

Check this configuration guide for more details: PPSK Configuration Guide

Note: It's required to upgrade your EAP devices to the adapted firmware, otherwise, the SSID configured with PPSK won't work.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Private PSK / Multiple PSKs on same SSID-Solution
2021-06-18 08:43:13 - last edited 2022-09-08 08:59:16

Hi there,

colton. conor wrote

TP-Link Omada is mainly aimed at small and mid-size business networks. I'm afraid that Omada doesn't support the above feature yet.

Updated on May 20, 2022:

Private Pre-Shared Key (PPSK) has been added since the release of Omada Controller v5.1.

Check this configuration guide for more details: PPSK Configuration Guide

Note: It's required to upgrade your EAP devices to the adapted firmware, otherwise, the SSID configured with PPSK won't work.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1638

Replies: 1

Voters 1