Omada Software Controller - Connected Devices Revert to "Adopt Failed"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-18 13:25:30
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So I have a setup with a Linux software controller, 3 EAPs, a switch, and a gateway. Everything was connected and working correctly.

However, after some time (sometimes just a matter of hours), I check the controller page and a device (usually the router) shows as "Adopt Failed". If I hit Retry, I enter my account username and password, but it says it's incorrect. If I enter the username/password of the device before it was adopted, it also says incorrect. The only way to connect it again is to do a hard reset on the device itself, then manually connect, allow it to be managed by the controller, and then adopt it again. Then it will work for a short time, and the whole process repeats.

Any ideas??? I'm ready to return my router at this point.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Omada Software Controller - Connected Devices Revert to "Adopt Failed"
2021-06-21 02:16:01

Dear @BerryBoy,

BerryBoy wrote

So I have a setup with a Linux software controller, 3 EAPs, a switch, and a gateway. Everything was connected and working correctly.

However, after some time (sometimes just a matter of hours), I check the controller page and a device (usually the router) shows as "Adopt Failed". If I hit Retry, I enter my account username and password, but it says it's incorrect. If I enter the username/password of the device before it was adopted, it also says incorrect. The only way to connect it again is to do a hard reset on the device itself, then manually connect, allow it to be managed by the controller, and then adopt it again. Then it will work for a short time, and the whole process repeats.

For your case, I'd like to escalate to the TP-Link support team who could help you more efficiently.

They will reach you via your registered email address shortly, please pay attention to your email box later.

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, I'd encourage you to share it with the community.

Thank you so much for your cooperation and support!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-06-21 02:19:14

@Fae 

I ended up setting up a Raspberry Pi as a dedicated controller (using the exact same setup as I was using on the other device)

Migrated everything over, and it hasn't lost ownership over any devices yet over a few days, so I think it was just a problem with the device I was originally running the software on

Options
2021-06-21 10:59:50

Dear @BerryBoy,

BerryBoy wrote

I ended up setting up a Raspberry Pi as a dedicated controller (using the exact same setup as I was using on the other device)

Migrated everything over, and it hasn't lost ownership over any devices yet over a few days, so I think it was just a problem with the device I was originally running the software on

Thank you for your valued feedback. Not sure why the issue happened, if convenient, you may provide the running log to the support team for checking, maybe they can address the possible problem.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options