Question about create new site for Omada system

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-18 18:39:50
Model: OC300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm currently using Omada system with OC300, TL-R605 with Poe switch and 3 EAP245 at home. My question is, if I'm interest to add a new site, my office ( the other building) , and I will buy TL-R605 and 2 of the EAP245. Do I need to get a OC200 or OC300 for my new site? Or my existing OC300 can host the new site for me within the same Omada account?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Question about create new site for Omada system
2021-06-19 00:58:30

@AndyWoo 

Hey 

As long as the other site can get access to the controller in some way, you can indeed use a single controller and set up a twin site.

I have done this in testing using a VPN tunnel and it worked fine, you might be able to set this up via the 2x TL-R605s

Options
Re:Question about create new site for Omada system
2021-06-22 05:56:01

@AndyWoo 

Hi, here is a detailed guide from TP-Link, one OC200 can manage multiple sites, you don't need to add another Controller.

How to manage Omada devices at different sites across Internet using Omada Controller?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 541

Replies: 2

Related Articles