Votes

Regretting buying OC300. It will not manage my WIFI ap's. Frustrating !! TP Link should fix this.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Regretting buying OC300. It will not manage my WIFI ap's. Frustrating !! TP Link should fix this.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-18 20:08:38
Model: EAP110-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: ALL !

I like having the OC300 to manage switches and the gateway. Its useless that It will not manage the 6 EAP110's I have.   My firmware is upgraded but OC300 says I need to update them to manage the EAP110. Why offer a controller that will not control all of the products. Maybe I should return the SDN hardware before my 30 days is up?  Does anyone know if Ubiquity has similar issues?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Regretting buying OC300. It will not manage my WIFI ap's. Frustrating !! TP Link should fix this.
2021-06-18 20:10:23

@RiverStreet I like the OC300 features and I wish the software controller had them to control the hardware if the hardware controller can not control all of the hardware they offer. 

Options
Re:Regretting buying OC300. It will not manage my WIFI ap's. Frustrating !! TP Link should fix this.
2021-06-19 01:34:50

@RiverStreet 

This is a rather common issue

Its likely one of two things, you are running SDN v4.x.x   which is not compatible with the older AP firmware..  or the other way around

If you can post the firmware versions you are running on the controller and APs we might be able to help you with this.   The update from v3 SDN to v4 SDN is not automatic, it needs to be manually done and this might be your issue.

Long story short, when v4 came out some older devices where discontinued from support.   If your controller auto-updated to v4 it could have been a disaster, therefore manual update.

Post your AP and Controller firmwares and we can take a look for you

Example of controller below on latest firmware..   SETTINGS > MAINTENANCE

Options
2021-06-19 01:38:01

@RiverStreet 

As newer firmware and newer versions of the controller comes out, its not unexpected to discontinue some APs

I have a business running 2x Meru controllers specifically for that reason.  The older controller manages the older devices on an older firmware, the new controller new devices on a new firmware.  Both are on the same network and load balanced..

Its nothing uncommon in terms of controllers, and yes ubiquity are the same.

Options
2021-06-22 06:04:22 - last edited 2021-06-23 00:40:48

@RiverStreet 

Philbert is right, and I would like to add more info.

Here is a download link of all firmware file, you can see detailed notes, and supported model, hardware version and firmware version in this page.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/oc300/#Firmware

This is the right version you should upgrade to and make it work with your EAP110-Outdoor.

OC300(UN)_V1_1.0.3_Build_20201119

Supported device models and firmware:

EAP:

EAP110-Outdoor_V3 3.20.0 Build 20200511 Rel. 33388 and above

---------------------------------------------------

Sorry, above firmware it's for EAP110-Outdoor V3, not for EAP110-Outdoor V1.

Controller V3.2.14 supports EAP110-Outdoor V1, and OC200 have a firmware version that has this Controller V3.2.14 built-in, but OC300 doesn't, we should feed back this need to TP-Link.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 619

Replies: 4

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.