Router do connected from Omaha control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-27 10:20:36
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

Since couple of hours router is 'disconnected' from Omada. None security rules are working. DHCP IP assignment is random, doesn't matter if there is static IP assigned to device or not, it assign even random IP to Omada controller (connected directly to port 4 BTW ...). 

Again I will have to go thru factory reset&restore and rebooting all devices as it happened just after upgrade to firmware 1.1.0.

There is no single week without problems with router/switch/access points, do you guys have a test lab so you can verify your firmware before deploying it to prod???

It is so frustrating that I'm seriously thinking on selling ALL TP-Link devices soon...

HW:

TL-R605 v1.0,  firmware version 1.1.0 (port

TL-SG2008P v1.0, f.v.1.0.1 (connected directly to router port 5)

EAP660 HD(EU) v1.0, f.v. 1.0.1 (2 pcs)

Omada controllec OC200 v1.0, f.v. 4.3.5, 1.8.0 Build 20210406 Rel.58757

Options
3 Reply
Re:Router do connected from Omaha control
2021-06-28 05:59:43

@Norbert_123 

The SDN routers for TP-LINK are a complete disaster, if you need a stable router then take it out of SDN, it works so much better. Switch and Access Point work fine under the SDN platform but not routers.

So if you have the opportunity, run routers in stand alone then you avoid a lot of the problems with adopt and configuration. vpn that will not start as well as major problems with L2TP and PPTP ++++

But to get out of your problem now you can try and take the power on the router wait a bit and look at the power again.

Options
2021-06-28 06:16:58

@shberge Yeah I know, just did it and after few restores/resets/reboots it started to work, but is seems like a wishful-technology rather than technology that just works.

I'm seriously thinking on selling all TP-LINK devices as decision on going into Omada SDN has been made because I had to have a centralized solution for all network. Taking out any piece of SDN mean that I do not need to stick to TP-LINK at all...

Options
2021-06-28 06:34:30

@Norbert_123 

The technology is nice with great potential so I am waiting anxiously for ver5.x but there have been more than a lot of problems with the routers for TP-LINK,

but with ver1.1 it is no problem to run stand alone, so some of the remote routers that I do not have access to physically are taken out of SDN to drop probems.

And or if TP-LINK fix the big big problem with instability  then I put the router back in SDN platform. 

So my suggestion is wait and see smiley  temporary tak out routers from SDN and wait for stability upgrade on critical routers. I think this will be fixed or TP-LINK have no product to to sell soon.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 577

Replies: 3