Omada Linux always adopting after reboot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-30 14:02:13 - last edited 2021-07-01 03:18:25
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 4.3.5

Hello,

I have a EAP 245 and a Router R605, they work great and this weekend I installed the Omada Controller on a VM. 

It's all working but I notice that if I shutdown the Omada Controller, it's working on a VM and at night I power it off, when I start it again it does the Adopting and them Provisioning the EAP and the R605. 

This causes the loss of Internet connection in the router R605 and from the Wifi in the EAP.

This is the normal behavior?

Best Regards,
David Rodrigues

Options
3 Reply
Re:Omada Linux always adopting after reboot
2021-07-01 03:17:32 - last edited 2021-07-01 03:18:25

Dear @DavidR84,

DavidR84 wrote

I have a EAP 245 and a Router R605, they work great and this weekend I installed the Omada Controller on a VM. 

It's all working but I notice that if I shutdown the Omada Controller, it's working on a VM and at night I power it off, when I start it again it does the Adopting and them Provisioning the EAP and the R605. 

This causes the loss of Internet connection in the router R605 and from the Wifi in the EAP.

This is the normal behavior?

The issue you are experiencing sounds unusual, I'd like to escalate your case to the TP-Link support team for further investigation.

They will reach you via your registered email address shortly, please pay attention to your email box later.

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, I'd encourage you to share it with the community.

Thank you so much for your cooperation and support!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-07-11 17:10:33 - last edited 2021-07-11 17:12:40

@Fae 

Seeing same behavior running sdn controller 4.4.3 on Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS in a proxmox container. Whenever rebooting the ubuntu host the eap245V3 goes through the adopting steps. Eap fw 5.0.2

Will expand this week with eap225 expect same behavior but will report if its not.

Curious to understand why and how to resolv.

Harry

Options
2021-07-12 02:41:55

Dear @Harryzzzz,

Harryzzzz wrote

Seeing same behavior running sdn controller 4.4.3 on Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS in a proxmox container. Whenever rebooting the ubuntu host the eap245V3 goes through the adopting steps. Eap fw 5.0.2

Will expand this week with eap225 expect same behavior but will report if its not.

Curious to understand why and how to resolv.

The problem has been located last week, please check this post for details. Thank you!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options