TL-R605 not recognized fully as Gateway?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-02 05:23:08 - last edited 2021-07-02 18:34:46
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I've successfully setup my network, but the OC200 controller doesn't seem to fully recognize my TL-R605 as a Gateway. As a consequence, there are features missing, including ability to Use Fixed IP Address for individual connected devices, including OC200 controller. Also, "Connected" is in orange instead of green, which I assume is related?

• I've run the speed test and thus the dashboard does recognize the TL-R605 as the gateway
  • I've upgraded the firmware on all devices
  • Architecture: Internet Modem > TL-R605 Gateway/Router > TL-SG242P Switch > OC200 Controller + numerous EAPs

Any help would be appreciated.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL-R605 not recognized fully as Gateway?-Solution
2021-07-02 07:26:39 - last edited 2021-07-02 18:34:46

Dear @cbdoc,

cbdoc wrote

I've successfully setup my network, but the OC200 controller doesn't seem to fully recognize my TL-R605 as a Gateway. As a consequence, there are features missing, including ability to Use Fixed IP Address for individual connected devices, including OC200 controller.

There seem to be some misunderstanding. In fact, the prompt in the yellow box is not an error, it's just showing there as a kind note.

If the Omada gateway is NOT recognized, you will be unable to configure the fixed IP address for clients as the option will be greyed out.

Also, "Connected" is in orange instead of green, which I assume is related?

The orange color doesn't actually mean something wrong, it's just a design.

All connected clients shown on the Clients page are in orange color.

All connected TP-Link devices shown on the Devices page are in green color.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:TL-R605 not recognized fully as Gateway?-Solution
2021-07-02 07:26:39 - last edited 2021-07-02 18:34:46

Dear @cbdoc,

cbdoc wrote

I've successfully setup my network, but the OC200 controller doesn't seem to fully recognize my TL-R605 as a Gateway. As a consequence, there are features missing, including ability to Use Fixed IP Address for individual connected devices, including OC200 controller.

There seem to be some misunderstanding. In fact, the prompt in the yellow box is not an error, it's just showing there as a kind note.

If the Omada gateway is NOT recognized, you will be unable to configure the fixed IP address for clients as the option will be greyed out.

Also, "Connected" is in orange instead of green, which I assume is related?

The orange color doesn't actually mean something wrong, it's just a design.

All connected clients shown on the Clients page are in orange color.

All connected TP-Link devices shown on the Devices page are in green color.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:TL-R605 not recognized fully as Gateway?
2021-07-02 18:15:32

@Fae It *is* a design, as you can see from the confusion, a poor design. Please add it to the fix request list, "Connected" should be green (or a neutral color). I would suggest the "This feature is available only when" note be blue/greyed out when DHCP is, in fact, enabled on the gateway, and back to "Alert" yellow when it is not.

Options
2021-07-02 18:34:34

@Fae 

Thank you for the response. One follow question is why the OC200 controller doesn't show up as green. It shows orange connected like other non TP-Link devices. 

Options
2021-07-05 11:09:35

Dear @cbdoc,

cbdoc wrote

One follow question is why the OC200 controller doesn't show up as green. It shows orange connected like other non TP-Link devices.

OC200 resembles a computer installed with Omada Software Controller, so it's listed on the Clients page instead of the Devices page.

Options
2021-07-05 11:10:55

Dear @YATechMonkey,

YATechMonkey wrote

It *is* a design, as you can see from the confusion, a poor design. Please add it to the fix request list, "Connected" should be green (or a neutral color). I would suggest the "This feature is available only when" note be blue/greyed out when DHCP is, in fact, enabled on the gateway, and back to "Alert" yellow when it is not.

Thank you for your valued feedback. I'll forward this to the developer team for further evaluation. Sorry for any confusion caused.

Options
2021-07-07 17:45:59

Fae wrote

OC200 resembles a computer installed with Omada Software Controller, so it's listed on the Clients page instead of the Devices page.

@Fae  - But considering this is being viewed *on* the OC200, it doesn't make a lot of sense/seems it's not very well integrated. I would expect it to show up in the main device list, at the very least in the client list it should have a nice icon and some tag/icon/indicator of "This is the controller you are currently on".

Options
2021-07-08 02:17:48

Dear @YATechMonkey,

YATechMonkey wrote

But considering this is being viewed *on* the OC200, it doesn't make a lot of sense/seems it's not very well integrated. I would expect it to show up in the main device list, at the very least in the client list it should have a nice icon and some tag/icon/indicator of "This is the controller you are currently on".

The OC200 is just a Controller to manage the devices, while the Devices page displays all TP-Link devices discovered and managed by the controller. Sorry that I don't think it makes sense if the OC200 is showing there.

The Clients page displays all connected wired and wireless clients on the chosen site. No matter it's a hardware controller or a software controller, the controller host will show up in the Client list and have a blue administrator icon as below.

Options
2021-07-10 03:30:46

(Also just to clarify, original post was about Gateway, then got sidetracked to controller.)

Here's what mine looks like from device view, which is very reasonable and what I would expect) (And you can see I'm very creative with naming ;)

@cbdoc - Is your gateway showing up there?

@Fae  Here's the client view, in comparison, which is a bit unclear. (Same badge for controller device as for the client I'm accessing the controller from.)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1777

Replies: 8