EAP235-Wall SSID and VLANs issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-02 16:17:32
Model: EAP235-Wall  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.0.0 Build 20210322 Rel. 53895

i have 2 access points EAP235-Wall

from the cloud controller , i created 2 SSID on different VLANs but they never work

if you assign VLANs ID to the Acces point LAN ports it work , but not the wireless

what is happening here , why works on the LAN ports and not on ther wireless ?

Options
19 Reply
Re:EAP235-Wall SSID and VLANs issue
2021-07-03 02:22:42

@obadvw 

Try to locally access the controller and do the same change again.

Create VLAN interface and then create SSID.

If you want to block them from communicating with each other, you also need to set ACL rules.

For your reference:

How to configure Multi-Networks & Multi-SSIDs on Omada SDN Controller

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2021-07-03 04:11:15

@Virgo 

i factory reset the access point and tried to configure the SSIDs with respective VLANs, but still no luck.

these access points are connected to cisco SG350 switch, an L3 switch

Options
2021-07-03 06:00:24

@obadvw 

EAP should connect to trunk port, make the port to trunk port see what happens?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2021-07-03 10:46:06

@Virgo 

it's connected to Trunk port on the switch

i tried another access point and it's working 

but the EAP235 is not 

Options
2021-07-04 06:07:43

Any help would be appreciated guys

thanks

Options
2021-07-06 07:20:20

Dear @obadvw,

obadvw wrote

i have 2 access points EAP235-Wall

from the cloud controller , i created 2 SSID on different VLANs but they never work

Could you please elaborate on the VLAN issue?

Do you mean that you cannot obtain IP addresses from the SSIDs with VLAN configured?

If no IP address obtained, would it help if you manually configure the wireless clients with proper static IP addresses?

if you assign VLANs ID to the Acces point LAN ports it work , but not the wireless

If you disable the VLAN on the LAN of the EAP235-Wall, but simply configure the wireless VLAN on SSIDs, would it make any difference?

For the wireless VLAN issue, if possible, you may capture the wireless packets via Wireshark, which can help to check the issue.

Note: you need to install Wireshark software on a wireless PC and run it to capture packets when it's connected to the SSID.

If you don't have a wireless PC available, you could also try to capture the wired packets on the uplink port of the switch.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-07-06 07:43:41

Dear @Fae ;

thanks for your reply

below answers for your questions

Could you please elaborate on the VLAN issue?

Do you mean that you cannot obtain IP addresses from the SSIDs with VLAN configured?

If no IP address obtained, would it help if you manually configure the wireless clients with proper static IP addresses?

i created multiple SSID using Omada controller and assigned different VLANs to them , this Access points are terminated to Trunk port on the switch with those respective VLANs tagged

I didn't get any DHCP address and it didn't work when i set the address static/manual

If you disable the VLAN on the LAN of the EAP235-Wall, but simply configure the wireless VLAN on SSIDs, would it make any difference?

no , still no luck , doens't work either

For the wireless VLAN issue, if possible, you may capture the wireless packets via Wireshark, which can help to check the issue.

Note: you need to install Wireshark software on a wireless PC and run it to capture packets when it's connected to the SSID.

If you don't have a wireless PC available, you could also try to capture the wired packets on the uplink port of the switch.

i will try that and post results later

Options
2021-07-06 15:16:05
Dear @Fae i've sent you a private message attaching the wireshark requested from the PC that is trying to connect to the WIFI
Options
2021-07-06 17:10:21 - last edited 2021-07-06 17:16:17

@Fae 

Same problem here with Eap235-wall, if you assign different VLAN ID to different SSID they don't work, devices cannot get ip address. I have both Eap225 and Eap235-wall, plugged into switch (tl-sg1218mpe), same configuration for both access points, eap225 works properly, eap235-wall doesn't. I saw tplink released a firmware (3.0.0) in order to solve this problem, but nothing seems to be solved.

Help would be appreciated. Thanks

Options
2021-07-07 03:37:32

Dear @obadvw,

obadvw wrote

Dear @Fae i've sent you a private message attaching the wireshark requested from the PC that is trying to connect to the WIFI

From the Wireshark file you sent, only DHCP Discover packets sent by the client are found. There are 2 situations that may exist.

1. the EAP doesn't forward DHCP Discover packets sent by the client at all
  2. the EAP forwards the DHCP Discover packets, but no response from the DHCP Server.

To check out the issue, you may also try to capture the LAN packets with another wired PC, connect the wired PC to a spare port on the switch, configure the port mirror on the switch to get all network packets from the ports connecting with the EAP and gateway respectively.

By the way, I noticed there is another post reporting the same issue, but it seems to be fixed by upgrading the firmware.

T1500G-10MPSv2 + EAP235-Wall + pfSense - MultiSSID vlan tag issue

Could you please confirm that your two EAP235-Wall are both running with firmware 3.0.0 Build 20210322?

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/eap235-wall/#Firmware

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 3322

Replies: 19