EAP235-Wall SSID and VLANs issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP235-Wall SSID and VLANs issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
19 Reply
Re:EAP235-Wall SSID and VLANs issue
2021-07-07 03:54:29

Dear @Fae 

yes i confirm that the firmware is 3.0.0 20210322 Rel. 5 3895

i will try to do the wire shark for the mirrored port and share back

but if it works on LAN ports already of the EAP235, why you suspecting that the switch doesn't handover DHCP address?

Options
2021-07-07 08:39:31

Dear @obadvw,

obadvw wrote

but if it works on LAN ports already of the EAP235, why you suspecting that the switch doesn't handover DHCP address?

Yes, the DHCP server seems to work well as it works on LAN ports of the EAP235-Wall.

After capturing both wireless and LAN packets, I think we'll know whether the wireless traffic is tagged and forwarded properly or not.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-07-07 08:43:28

Dear @Fae ;

i am not that expert to manage port mirroring, however i will try and see if i can configure that and send you data dump from wireshark

Options
2021-07-07 12:51:55

@Fae 

Given that this VLAN issue is reported several times on this forum and on the web too, wouldn't it be easier if TPLink test the product in order to get and solve the problem instead of asking customers to do it?

Options
2021-07-07 16:17:15

Hello @Fae 

i've send you a message with wireshark capture as requested

it seems that the DHCP is working fine and offer the IP address

pelase analyze and advise

Fae wrote

Dear @obadvw,

obadvw wrote

Dear @Fae i've sent you a private message attaching the wireshark requested from the PC that is trying to connect to the WIFI

From the Wireshark file you sent, only DHCP Discover packets sent by the client are found. There are 2 situations that may exist.

1. the EAP doesn't forward DHCP Discover packets sent by the client at all
  2. the EAP forwards the DHCP Discover packets, but no response from the DHCP Server.

To check out the issue, you may also try to capture the LAN packets with another wired PC, connect the wired PC to a spare port on the switch, configure the port mirror on the switch to get all network packets from the ports connecting with the EAP and gateway respectively.

By the way, I noticed there is another post reporting the same issue, but it seems to be fixed by upgrading the firmware.

T1500G-10MPSv2 + EAP235-Wall + pfSense - MultiSSID vlan tag issue

Could you please confirm that your two EAP235-Wall are both running with firmware 3.0.0 Build 20210322?

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/eap235-wall/#Firmware

@Fae 

Options
2021-07-08 10:18:48

Dear @Vito_Fesco,

Vito_Fesco wrote 

Given that this VLAN issue is reported several times on this forum and on the web too, wouldn't it be easier if TPLink test the product in order to get and solve the problem instead of asking customers to do it?

Apologize for any inconvenience caused. I fully understand the disappointment and the issue has been reported to the TP-Link support team for attention. And sorry that I only notice this issue reported in two threads: one is resolved by upgrading the EAP firmware, mentioned here, and another is this thread. If I'm missing other threads here, please feel free to post the link to let me know.

To resolve the issue efficiently, I'd like to escalate the case to the TP-Link support team for further analysis.
They will reach you via your registered email address shortly, please pay attention to your email box later.
Once the issue is addressed or resolved, I'd encourage you to share it with the community.

Thank you so much for your cooperation and support!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-07-08 10:27:14

Dear @obadvw,

obadvw wrote

i've send you a message with wireshark capture as requested

it seems that the DHCP is working fine and offer the IP address

Thank you for your great cooperation to capture the packets for analysis.

To better assist you, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support team who will contact you with your registered email address later.

Please pay attention to the email box for follow-up. Thank you so much for your cooperation and patience.

Options
2021-07-29 15:47:35

@Fae 

Dear Fae
Please kindly share resolution for this issue, I have same issue and my local TP-Link have no solution for this issue.

Options
2021-07-30 01:04:36 - last edited 2021-08-13 06:34:30

Dear @sakkanart,

sakkanart wrote
Please kindly share resolution for this issue, I have same issue and my local TP-Link have no solution for this issue.

Please check this post for the beta firmware for a temporary solution.

If the beta firmware 3.1.0 doesn't work for your case, please feel free to let me know.

Options
Related Articles