R605 beta firmware 1.1.0 causes strange behavior that appears in system log

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-02 16:30:51 - last edited 2021-07-02 16:41:10
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20210531 Rel.59047

First I had issue with my router (Archer C6 v2), in access point mode, showing orange led and partly loosing internet. It is connected to an easy smart switch that is connected to the R605.

So I went to investigate and found strange notices in system log.

First a firewall warnings:

[...mac address...] detected Large Ping attack and dropped 3 packets.

It appears sometimes.

But what appears repeatedly is:

"DHCP Server allocated IP address 192.168.51.184 for the client[MAC: ...address...]"

For many IP addresses, repeatedly in sequence.

Also, a LOGGER notice about the two wan ports being down and up.

and

"WAN: DHCP client lease expired. Began renewing the lease."

What is going on?

Tried to set up static IP on the R605 to connect to the the ISP modems. After that, one ISP stayed desconnected, the other connected.

It makes the whole network instable. Devices are getting internet mostly but with some interruption.

I tried to reserve address of my C6 router to see if the R605 keep wanting to reallocate it, it seems it stopped showing that line for that IP but continues for others. And what is more scary, it leases address for the wan quite often.

Is it some kind of attack from outside, or is it a bug in this beta firmware?

I need to know if I have to replace is temporarely with the previous R470T+ because the last official firmware of the R605 can't stop intervlan.

Options
7 Reply
Re:R605 beta firmware 1.1.0 causes strange behavior that appears in system log
2021-07-03 07:38:30

@Arion 

You should connect a PC to replace the R605 and see if the network come stable again. This seems is a problem on the ISP side.

[...mac address...] detected Large Ping attack and dropped 3 packets.

This one is quick normal, which means the firewall is protecting your network and works fine. 

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2021-07-03 21:26:52 - last edited 2021-07-03 21:28:46

Today I had issues mostly about websites not loading, while speedtest worked. And some other sites loaded, too.

I ruled all LAN to WAN1 port to avoid traffic to go to the WAN2 that is a 4G modem. And these issues vanished, so far.

However the web UI of the R605 seems to have a bug, in WAN2 tab there was no Connect and Disconnect button, only Save. So, I couldn't even disconnect it. The missing buttons reappeared only when I changed Static IP to Dynamic for WAN2.

Other strange thing is, I reserved address for some devices, later decided to remove the reservation.

After that, in the DHCP Client list tab for those devices reappeared the icon of the floppy disk, so you have the option to reserve that.

But in the same time it still says Permanent when they should have the count down.

Options
2021-07-21 07:33:56

Another screenshot from the System Log.

There are several routers in either router mode or AP mode connected to the R605 via switches.

However... why is that one specific router (with IP ends with .173) that appears in system log so frequently? It's an Archer C6 v2, currently in AP mode and with beta firmware.

It appears even when there is no devices connected to the C6.

It bothers me a lot, WTF is happening?

Options
2021-07-22 04:20:37

Dear @Arion,

Arion wrote

However the web UI of the R605 seems to have a bug, in WAN2 tab there was no Connect and Disconnect button, only Save. So, I couldn't even disconnect it. The missing buttons reappeared only when I changed Static IP to Dynamic for WAN2.

No, there is no Connect and Disconnect button when the WAN is configured with Static IP. Unlike Dynamic IP or other connection types, Static IP doesn't need to click Connect to activate the connection, and the gateway can use the static IP addresses to initiate the connection directly.

If you want to disconnect the WAN connection from the web UI, you may clear the WAN setup or input invalid WAN IP addresses.

Other strange thing is, I reserved address for some devices, later decided to remove the reservation.

After that, in the DHCP Client list tab for those devices reappeared the icon of the floppy disk, so you have the option to reserve that.

But in the same time it still says Permanent when they should have the count down.

You'll know It's normal if you understand how the DHCP works. Those clients showing with Permanent haven't renewed the DHCP IP addresses, it will change once they renew the IP address from the DHCP server before the address lease expires.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-07-22 04:26:04

Dear @Arion,

Arion wrote

However... why is that one specific router (with IP ends with .173) that appears in system log so frequently? It's an Archer C6 v2, currently in AP mode and with beta firmware.

It appears even when there is no devices connected to the C6.

It bothers me a lot, WTF is happening?

If only one specific device appears in the system log frequently, you may check the cable connection between the device and ER605.

For Archer C6 in AP mode, you may also check its LAN setting, and configure the LAN from DHCP to Static IP instead if necessary.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-07-22 07:00:49 - last edited 2021-07-22 08:18:52

About the missing buttons in Static IP mode, I had this guess and it was the way I managed to disconnect it but I think it's not the best practice as you clear the setup when you change the mode.

About reserved IP question, now I understand that not the release time set in the main router's LAN settings that matters, the connected devices have to be disconnected physically (or reinitiated).

About C6 appearing in system log, it is not the only device but the most frequently listed one, and it is set with static IP and the easy smart switch through which it is connected to the R605 says in cable test "normal".

I guess it's a bug related to C6 beta firmware. I should try it with the latest official firmware. And also try the C6 in router mode. I'll update my comment with the results soon.

Edit:

After changing in C6 to router mode, it stopped showing up in R605's system log list. Replacing the firmware will be tested another day.

Options
2021-07-28 19:02:59

Another screenshot about odd behaviour of the R605 in beta firmware.

Look at the timestamps! The same device appearing with the same timestamp multiple times.

Or is this just multiple gadgets connecting in the same time via a router or hub?

I haven't recognized that connected device but its MAC address started with 70:c9:4e

Options