EAP660HD Unstable after about 30 days.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-03 20:52:47
Model: EAP660 HD  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5

Hi All,

The EAP660 HD is being managed by an OC200. Just curious to know if anyone is seeing issues after about 30 days. 2.4 or 5 Traffic seems to slow down badly and the connections become unstable. I have to reboot the AP and it clears up. I don't see excessive Memory or CPU usage but it has been very consistent with this behavior.No overlapping channels or advanced settings. Same behavior with the 1.0.2 firmware. It has been in place since Feb 20201. I have decided to swap a 245 back in place for now so I get less complaints. I will keep the 660 on the test bench for now.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. When this AP is stable it can handle high speed traffic better than most of our other AP's.

Thanks

Robert-

Options
5 Reply
Re:EAP660HD Unstable after about 30 days.
2021-07-05 10:39:10

Dear @silentcleric,

silentcleric wrote

The EAP660 HD is being managed by an OC200. Just curious to know if anyone is seeing issues after about 30 days. 2.4 or 5 Traffic seems to slow down badly and the connections become unstable. I have to reboot the AP and it clears up. I don't see excessive Memory or CPU usage but it has been very consistent with this behavior.No overlapping channels or advanced settings. Same behavior with the 1.0.2 firmware. It has been in place since Feb 20201. I have decided to swap a 245 back in place for now so I get less complaints. I will keep the 660 on the test bench for now.

May I know the current firmware version of your OC200?

Is the wireless security configured with WPA-Personal, WPA mode with WPA2-PSK / AES?

If possible, please distinguish the SSIDs for the 2.4GHz and 5GHz, verify if the issue only exists on a specific band.

You may refer to the following FAQ to have a simple troubleshoot and elaborate on the slow speed and unstable issue,

Troubleshooting of Wireless Issues for Omada EAP Products

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-07-09 19:46:18

@silentcleric 

Yes there is something with this access points that is not quite good, I also took out EAP660 and replaced with EAP245, had a lot of problem with high retrey rate and WIFi voice broke the calls when I roamed,

Most likely it was wasted money to buy, it seems like tp-link has given these up too, it is almost a year since they are updated and they are not compatible with the AC access points anymore.

They lack DFS channels and do not support dynamic VLAN and they lack support for AI roam +++

So now the EAP660HD is in the lab until further notice.

I restarted Access pint once a week so I have not have same problem that you have.

Options
2021-07-09 20:26:16

@Fae 

Hi

Oc200 1.8.0 Build 20210406 Rel.58757

WPA-Personal

It is both bands. When it gets too unstable you cant really use 5 and you fall back to 2.4 is more stable but both are affected. It seems like it reaches a point where just a few connections and everything just slows down and just steadily gets worse until complaints and then reboot and all is well.

The 245 I swapped in is handling the traffic just not like the 660 does when its freshly rebooted.

Hope that helps.

Robert-

Options
2021-07-09 20:32:03
Thanks, seems we are seeing similar issues. I too wish they would release updated firmware for theses units. Funny part is when I first got this unit it was weird and from day one 5's seemed to have an issue but it resolved itself after reboot. I dunno I hope they don't give up on it because when its rebooted and settled it can really move data and we could have quite a few folks on gaming and do transfers and it handles and zero complaints for well 30 days or so :)
Options
2021-07-09 20:51:53

@silentcleric 

TP-LINK should come up with a beta update so we can use it. If the beta software works just as badly, we have at least tried and can put it on the shelf again.

It can't get much worse for me anyway. now it is not in use for anything other than a little testing.

It is strange that the top model is so neglected and forgotten by tp-link, but they have probably problems with something. I don't know..

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1415

Replies: 5

Related Articles